Need advice for new trading computer

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by chaykapwr, Jun 4, 2012.

1. #31     Jun 5, 2012
  2. You know, price wise - I would love to get my hands on a some more 5770 Eyefinity 5 (no joke -that one was around). They were cheap, had ample power and 1gb memory - good enough for driving that. Sadly they are not to be found anywhere.

Those not o be found, I have a couple of 6970 here - about half a dozen, that i use for various purposes. What you forget is that with the advent of modern technology, those cards also can be used for number crunching ;) But Dual PCIex 16 should be standard now - most decent motherboards support that, even on Micro ATX ;)

#32     Jun 5, 2012
  3. That's news to me... ??

#33     Jun 5, 2012
  4. OP was looking at two different systems - $800 & $850 for a "trading computer". Instead of selecting one that has two pcie x16 slots you want to direct him to a $500 gpu?

Feel free to talk to your own computer all you want but I'll decline the invitation. BTW - there are self help books you can get to help you with that and your other issues.

#34     Jun 5, 2012
  5. My only issue isan isiot like you - seriously. You are a prime example of what goes bad these days with the education system.

A 5870 Eyefinity 6 should not be that expensive on ebay. A 5770 Eyefinity 5 would be better but is damn rare ;)

THe OP amount of money already was dismissed as too low anyway.

#35     Jun 5, 2012
  6. Was curious what was currently available for a system build

Put together a little shopping list for a quick system [$1,500]

Basic case for reference -personal choice [I have plenty cases to use lying around]
    ivy bridge i7
    Asus Motherboard z77 lga 1155 [only looked as Asus, have had 100% positive experience with them]
    modular 650 watt psu [don't like fighting the octopus]
    16gb ram
    Intel SSD for op system [is an auto buy for me]
    2T green drive for data, photo, music [for reference] have stacks of HDD's in inventory
    2 ea. nvidia graphic cards to drive 4 ea. 30" monitors
    Win7 64bit pro
    Optical drive

I believe this system may be overbuild for a trading system, one could easily save money by going i5/sandy bridge
    "it lowers price for cpu & mobo", 8gb RAM, purchase previous gen 80GB SSD, 500gb data HDD, etc...

But I prefer to buy newer technology...

#36     Jun 5, 2012
  7. -
    How many 16 lane PCI-E slots that thing have?

#37     Jun 5, 2012
  8. Easy on the tirade there - it's only a discussion. Your opinion is well known by now. If you're going to criticize education, you may want to reconsider writing things like isan isiot. If you choose to shop on eBay and pay $350 for a surprise box of whatever, have at it.

#38     Jun 5, 2012
  9. 2, x16s wired as 16
    2, x16s wired as 8

#39     Jun 5, 2012
  10. Just an FYI . . .

Nvidia GeForce video cards are no longer supported by Nvidia's (free) desktop software called NView... which allows the user to stretch his trading software across multiple monitors. If you have a Windows 7 based OS, you need to purchase an Nvidia based graphics card that is of the Quadro series, ie.) NVS-295, NVS-300.

#40     Jun 5, 2012