Need advice for new trading computer

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by chaykapwr, Jun 4, 2012.

1. Shop for T3500s on Dell's Outlet website. Sometimes you have to be patient, as the good deals are not always available.

You should be able to get a GOOD T3500 trading rig for $650... including a 3-yr on-site service warranty.

Is "ZT" something everybody but me knows??

#11     Jun 4, 2012
  2. Unless you cherry pick each and every component, put the pieces together yourself you have only blind faith to guide you.

#12     Jun 4, 2012
  3. Nope, I didnt know it either that is why I came here

#13     Jun 4, 2012
  4. Not exactly "blind".

Dell Precision has an excellent reputation. Besides, Dell sells 100,000+ of essentially the same unit. Likely any bugs are worked out before you get yours. After all, Dell couldn't afford to service 100,000 defective machines.

#14     Jun 4, 2012
  5. From recent history on this site, most everyone who did cherry pick and install each component ended up with a computer which didnt last as long as a right out of the box manufacturer...Custom computers do not seem to last long

#15     Jun 4, 2012
  6. Not exactly "blind".

Dell Precision has an excellent reputation. Besides, Dell sells 100,000+ of essentially the same unit. Likely any bugs are worked out before you get yours. After all, Dell couldn't afford to sell 100,000 defective machines and then have to service/repair them.

#16     Jun 4, 2012
  7. Your given name is not "Michael" by any chance is it :D

#17     Jun 4, 2012
  8. No. Scata... middle name, Phagos.

Up to 10 years ago, I thought "I'll never have a Dell". Since, I bought probably 25 of them. (Just goes to show what one can "think" while his mind is closed.... you know, like Libtards.)

#18     Jun 4, 2012
  9. Build or buy a trading box from the monitors backwards. What will it take to have the monitors you want? If you want four screens, you need 2x pcie x16 slots.

Pack that sucker with lots of fast ram. Today 16gb of DDR3 is a good start but you may do better buying the ram after market instead of with a new system.

Anything quad core 3.0gHz is plenty of cpu.

Are you reading from and writing to discs while trading? What magnitude? That's where you decide between HDD and SSD.

There are plenty of calculators online to see how much psu you need.

Brand is important. I don't like the "trading computer" companies. They are all talk with unproven systems. I love Dell Small Business. Great service before and after the sale - all from within the USA by fluent Americans. They even have preconfigured Ships Fast systems that get to you tomorrow FedEx.

Good luck trading.

#19     Jun 4, 2012
  10. Considering the comp will have a geforce already installed couldn't I buy an additional identical card and install it on the one pci express and have 4 monitors?

#20     Jun 4, 2012