Need Advice! Career Decision: FNYS or ETF MARKET-MAKING or DAY-TRADING?

Discussion in 'ETFs' started by Soon2BTrader, Jun 2, 2006.

1. FNYS.

Personally, I can imagine discretionary day-trading disappearing in the next 15-20 years from now due to cost structure and advancing technology....

I'm not saying it will but just saying it can...

#21     Jun 20, 2006
  2. For a newbie day trader I'd say the best advice would be to invest in some backtesting software and intraday data, code up some ideas and run them. If nothing else, you'll see what won't work. That alone will put you ahead of the vast majority of daytraders. It's also a great way to understand the most important aspect of trading, which is controlling risk.

Or you could just trust that whoever is assigned to "train" you knows what they're doing and gives a flip if you succeed.

#22     Jun 20, 2006
  3. rjv27

rjv27

If you really have the desire to trade, leaving IB'ing is a good move.

If you really have confidence in your abilities, day trading is a good move.

#23     Jun 20, 2006
  4. nnidhi3

nnidhi3

Hey Soon2BTrader,

Was just going through the threads to get some info on ETF trading, when I came across your post. I am just curious to know where did u join finally and what are you doing currently.

Thanks,
    nnidhi3

#24     Nov 6, 2009
  5. Biog

Biog

Dude, Soon2BTrader hasn't posted anything in 3 years....he's working at Taco Bell.

:D :D :D

#25     Nov 6, 2009
  6. I know this thread is old, but I just wanted to say:

Daytrading, doood! Those daytraders are all zillionaires!

#26     Nov 6, 2009
  7. LOL, BLSH ... my friend. :D

#27     Nov 6, 2009
  8. MBS, the man.

Hey, by the way, has anyone else heard that Dan Zanger lost half his nut in the last couple years?

I have no idea if this is true or not, but read it on a thread on ET that I now can't seem to find.

Maybe OP was Zanger.

#28     Nov 6, 2009