Need advice about Andover

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by Bullet, Nov 25, 2002.

1. WarEagle

WarEagle Moderator

I have used both the Citrix version and the regular internet version of Hammer and both work fine.

#11     Dec 7, 2002
  2. I use cable modem now, but I would like to use a 1st alert and I don't think there is enough bandwidth.

#12     Dec 7, 2002
  3. Regardless of the bandwidth matter, I like their trading platform.

I used to be in an Sub-LLC for Andover and I was trading using RealTick and HammerTrade (I think that's what Andover uses...) but from that experience, I can say that they're software is great. I just loved the way the trading platform synced with the RealTick charts.

Just my 2 cents.

#13     Dec 7, 2002
  4. lescor

lescor

I currently use FirstAlert delivered through my clearing firm over Citrix. Works great. I tried it out over the internet from Neovest, and it bogged down a lot when I pulled up new charts. That was enough for me and I went back to the citrix version. Full version, not the thin one.

#14     Dec 7, 2002
  5. As you are interested in First Alert with Citrix PM Lescor and ask him about it, since I don't usually deal with Neovest/First Alert

Robert

#15     Dec 8, 2002
  6. Actually, I was interested in the citrix software.

#16     Dec 8, 2002
  7. #17     Dec 8, 2002
  8. Thanks that's what I was looking for.

#18     Dec 8, 2002
  9. If you are considering a platform that runs on Citrix, try out that demo extensively. I've used Hammer over Citrix (and worked in IT using Citrix and other "remote control" applications for a number of years), and I can tell you it IS NOT exactly the same as running a "local" application.

For most people, it probably won't matter, but if you scalp and need ultra fast responsiveness from hitting keys, it may be an issue.

Andover's Citrix/Hammer people seemed very knowledgeable and this is not an issue specific to them, but in any "remote control" application, it is not exactly the same and running the app directly on your PC.

#19     Dec 10, 2002
  10. I didn't think it could be the same. Thanks for your input!

#20     Dec 10, 2002