Need Advice: 3 Job Offers

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by ChitownWally, Jul 4, 2005.

1. Anseld

Anseld

if we were playing poker, i would go "all in" on that statement and take all your chips.

#21     Jul 14, 2005
  2. =======================
    Newguy;
    a] Think you probably know more about EchoTrader Co than me;
    and thats fine.

b] However especially with people who are not cut out to work for some else,
    bonus , building business, freedom , home office
    maybe more valuable than salary .

z] Nohing in here should be taken as a personal jab, ;
    some of the older Chicago patterns still prove true,
    and the mature NYSE is interested in derivatives again-ARCA.

:cool:

#22     Jul 14, 2005
  3. qazmax

qazmax

Best to work for a options market making firm IMO. Options are among the toughest securities to master and the knowledge you gain will be helpful in every position you take in the future.

But when you say it is an all electronic firm I worry that you may be in for a short career. Make sure they have been expanding in the position you are getting, not consolidating.

Timber Hill for example, is an all electronic firm, and has been very successful. But, they have been consolidating like crazy as computers and programmers have taken over. So your useful life as a trader may be short. And more seriously you may not learn anything, but how to do what the program tells you.

Also, it depends on which floor you are going to trade on. I assume you live in Chicago and are speaking of the CBOE, so that should be fine.

The PHLX, AMEX, and PCX may be more riskly exchanges.

:)

#23     Jul 15, 2005
  4. rcmcfe

rcmcfe

Go with the 2nd firm..You'll learn more there by trading on the floor....

#24     Aug 18, 2005