need a trading engine

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by RockMachine, Jul 20, 2010.

1. My comments weren't meant to be inflammatory. I'm simply stating facts. If you had the skills and experience I have then you'd be able to charge yourself out at the same rate as me. Since you charge yourself out at ~$300 per day then you either do not have the skills or you don't realise what your skills are worth.

Marketcetera is a decent enough platform to build on, but the real work in this project appears to be the provision of high performance asynchronous market data analysis. And that's my area of expertise.

Anyway, no offence intended.

All the best.

#21     Jul 28, 2010
  2. ET99

ET99

people who trade 100s of stocks real time do not use Ninja, nor TradeStation, nor any of the retail programs on the market right now.

#22     Jul 28, 2010
    ValeryN likes this.
  3. Zephas

Zephas

What options are available for something that sophisticated? Is there anything you could use to do this yourself? (Assuming a background in programming.)

#23     Jul 28, 2010
  4. Would you be willing to work on a P&L split + 100% bonus of your
    quoted daily rate.

#24     Jul 28, 2010
  5. No worries, I'm neither inflamed nor offended. I was a bit surprised at $2000/day, but as you say, perhaps I just don't have a good handle on what the market will bear. My ~$300/day is not for trading-related work.

#25     Jul 28, 2010
  6. No. Sorry. I'm not looking for a trading partner and I do not want to take an investment in anyone else's strategy.

Tell you what though, it's fairly obvious you don't have a sufficient budget to outsource this work but if you decide to undertake it yourself using .NET then I'll try to give you some pointers with the problems I'm fairly sure you will run into. Just PM me.

#26     Jul 28, 2010
  7. Thanks but no thanks. Would it be possible for you to post or PM me ytd.
    results of current strategies you trade. TY

#27     Jul 28, 2010
  8. yea, i'm sure he'll get right on that.

#28     Jul 28, 2010
  9. Right. Can't say I saw that coming.

#29     Jul 28, 2010
  10. Good software developers are two a penny. Good software developers with in-depth knowledge of the markets are not.

If you have the skills then you should be charging more. A lot more.

I don't know where you are based but here in London the hedge funds expect to pay at least £1000 per day for someone decent. If you quote a lower rate you will actually shoot yourself in the foot because they'll assume you are no good. Beware though, before you are allowed anywhere near their operations they will wrap you up within a legal straightjacket so tight it makes you squeak when you fart.

#30     Jul 29, 2010