Need a recommendation please

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by Ansare, May 22, 2008.

1. Ansare

Ansare

Currently using TOS and think they do many, many things well. One thing they don't is having enough selection of or user defined tick charts. I don't mind paying for realtime charts.

Is there anyone who has experience with several brokers and compared their tick chart selections and care to share an opinion?

Thanks,

Ansare

2. RL8093

RL8093

Rather than repeatedly posting the exact same question - might I suggest using your free time utilizing the search function or scanning the Retail Firms / Trading Software forums? Permutations on this question have been asked & debated repeatedly in the not-too-distant past (probably why you are receiving few responses).

R

3. Ansare

Ansare

I've decided you mean well rather than try to play net cop, so I'll answer politely.

I've searched and read until my eyes went numb. Try doing a search for "tick charts" or "best tick charts" or anything similar and see what you come up with.

And, in what math class did you learn that twice was "repeatedly?"

4. If I understand your question correctly, Medved Quotetracker lets you define the number of ticks per bar. Great software IMO ... they have both free and paid versions.

5. olias

olias

probably learned that in English.

6. Ansare

Ansare

Thank you, tomahawk. I am off to check them out. Appreciate your taking the time.

Ansare

7. I thought they did. What are you looking for?

8. Ansare

Ansare

They have two tick charts (144 and 233) but that's it. I find those fine with slower moving products but not to my liking on
    /ES. I'd love to have the ability to define how many ticks I want.

I did download Quotetracker, thanks to tomahawk's suggestion. Have to dig into the manual but it looks pretty cool. I was totally unaware of programs like that.

Ansare