Need a prop trading job (college grad)

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by wrighteq, Apr 6, 2010.

1. wrighteq

wrighteq

Hey guys,

I am going to graduate from university in May and I would like to work as a prop trader and would appreciate some advice on which firms are legit/and are still hiring people.

Some background: I am majoring in math/statistics at a pretty well known school and have been trading part time for the last 2 years. I have done a lot of research/development of strategies in R/ninjatrader and I have some strong backtested ideas. Very passionate in this area and I'm just looking for somewhere with a team environment where I can put in my time.

Thanks for any help.

2. This is going to be a little off topic, but if you have a background in math and stats, you might look into something a bit more "high-end." There are A LOT of companies looking for this type of thing, but it's not trading related. USDA to name one (for their economic reports.) Then you trade on the side (thus having a steady source of income).

You might like that area as well. Prop trading and trading full-time isn't all it's cracked up to be. You could put that background to better use IMO and use prop trading as a fall-back.

Best of luck to you!

3. Send me your resume and I will see if we have anything for you; if not I will pass it around the chicago prop trading shops.

4. pm me, I might be able to help.