Need a programmer

Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by benvasseghi, Jun 21, 2020.

1. qlai

qlai

MotiveWave sounds like what you need. They have SDK which should make for easy customization.

#51     Jun 27, 2020
    moneyweaver likes this.
  2. Thank you for the Recomendation. I just checked it out and looks great. I will dig further into it on monday. I just hope it works with IB. Do you know anyone that is using it and if they are happy??

#52     Jun 28, 2020
  3. Roddog101

Roddog101

Is there a way to pm on this platform? Would you be willing to exchange a few emails and tell me if what I have in mind is doable & what might be involved?

#53     Jun 29, 2020
  4. ZBZB

ZBZB

click on inbox on the top right.

#54     Jun 29, 2020
  5. runtrader

runtrader

I'm happy to network, help and offer advice to like minded souls. I really don't want or need to charge for my advice. There are many snake oil sales men who would be happy to do that!

Looking at the screenshots you PM'd I think it would be useful to answer your question publicly, since it might help others.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it looks like your system is based heavily upon a single chart and is very graphic intense.

I think you have two options,

1) Write a program from scratch, which uses a browser based javascript charting solution like Highcharts, or Zing Charts for example. You would need to write the backend HTTP server which serve these charts, consumes prices and pushes updates over say Websockets to the browser chart. The server would connect directly to IB and consume prices and issue orders. It would generate indicators and plots as prices are consumed and push these updates to the browser.

2) Alternatively, program your system on an existing charting platform and extend the charting platform to plot your own graphics and indicators, etc.

I think 2) will be more beneficial in that it will be quicker and easier and will likely cost less. Unfortunately I can't recommend any particular platform since a) I don't use them and b) they seem pretty much all the same to me.

Hope this helps!

#55     Jun 30, 2020
  6. I definitely appreciate your gesture, help and your recommendations. I will check them out a bit more. I did look at it for few minutes and HighCharts seems to be a very possible option, I currently own MultiCharts lifetime license which is very similar and its my first choice for migration from TS since they also have easy language capabilities and other programming options but not much when it comes to fundemental data. As far as my system screen shot. Its quite complex under the surface, I have simplified, it uses 3 different time frames to trade. For example i use the daily bars to trade and use monthly overlays and i use quarterly and monthly time frame bars for velocity indicator. which shows me not only direction of the market with high accuracy but also trade set-ups.
    What i am interested in is to add fundemental filters to improve the accuracy. I would love to talk with you more if possible. whenever you have time. Do you use WhatsApp ??
    I am very interested in what you are currently doing and sounds like you have the technical side completely figured out, I bet you that if we combine our systems and knowledge we could come up with a master piece. I have studied most of all the systems and indicators and i can definitely add a lot of value. Please drop me an email and lets find a time to see if we can have a call together. Thanks, Ben

Last edited: Jul 1, 2020
    #56     Jul 1, 2020
  7. hoz

hoz

benvasseghi, may be? I can help you. Do you want to write any trading bot or what?

#57     Jul 2, 2020
  8. I would definitely be interested to talk with you about it. I am more intersted in the software developement then Bots. but please feel free to send me a private message with your info and i can call you or email you directly

#58     Jul 4, 2020
  9. 931

Sent you a PM asking for some info.
    I have time to build your project 4h per day if we can find common ground.
    Id ask 1 week up front for every development week.

#59     Jul 4, 2020
  10. This is an answer from someone who understands the potential pitfalls. Appreciated.

#60     Jul 19, 2020