Need a programmer

Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by benvasseghi, Jun 21, 2020.

1. I would love to talk with you and send you a video of my system. Can we set up a phone call anytime this week?? Please send me a private message and we can set something up.
    I already have a system programmed on Tradestation but TS has too many limitations. I am ready to take on this task.
    I can't commercializ it the way I need to.

#41     Jun 24, 2020
  2. 931

You got the people at right time. In my opinion often if companies start or produce something to enter market the products are higher quality and support is more competent.

Later if operation gets bigger, support personnel wont have as good overview anymore and costs get cut more to maximize profits.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2020
    #42     Jun 24, 2020
  3. That's exactly what happened. The CEO who initially went out of his way to please me then seemed like he couldn't barely be bothered to talk to me.

I should have found a new programmer/team already then, but stayed with them for far longer than I should have.

#43     Jun 24, 2020
  4. IAS_LLC

IAS_LLC

Feel free to pm me the link, and we can go back and forth there. WIth all due respect, I'm not going to schedule a call with someone I dont know, for a reason I dont know.

#44     Jun 24, 2020
  5. runtrader

runtrader

I'm a seasoned software developer and a quantitative trader. I write my own software and run my own automated trading systems full-time. It is literally what I do day-in, day-out, it's not a part-time project.

It has taken me years to learn the trading side of things, the programming side is relatively straightforward - combining them both is a unique skill set very, very few people posses.

Unfortunately, these kind of skills don't come cheap.

My suggestion is to stay away from platform type solutions like - TradeStation, MetaTrader, etc. They are hugely limiting.

Depending on the complexity of your project. You may be able to get away with a simple connection to IB API, subscribe to data updates and react to it. Anything more and you'll need someone who has knowledge of multi-threaded, event driven systems. You'll need to react to price and order updates, etc.

Python is a relatively simple language and there are many programmers who knock up something for you. I personally use Golang, due to its speed and number crunching abilities which I require for my strategies. I'm not here to compare or contrast programming languages - you've got to use what's best for your requirements.

So, building a trading system is not straightforward, it's like asking someone to build a car. What type of car? how fast should it go? type of terrain? passengers? etc. etc.

Hope this helps.

#45     Jun 27, 2020
    yc47ib likes this.
  6. Check out Emet Trading Solutions. They do write for Tradestation among other platforms. You layout what you want and they will give you a price. I have used them and they are fantastic to work with. Here is their site:
    https://emet-trading-solutions.com/

#46     Jun 27, 2020
  7. Thank you for taking the time out to respond. I would love to network with you. I have been looking for someone with your knowledge base for a long time. I would be willing to pay your hourly rate for either consulting me or helping me program. I have the trading part down and have 5 different setups that i use. Currently i am with IB and use TradeStation for software development. Any possible way we can network. If so email me, i have sent my contact Via PM and i can send you a short video of my system. Would you be interested to program a system for me on IB. I have my system fairly complete on TS platform but as you know too many limiting factors and i am not a big fan of TS. I am looking for a way to move my system over to IB. I am not very tech savy but i have a lot on trading knowledge i can offer that would possibly help you out with your trading, I have been studying technical analysis for 15 years. I need to partner up with a tech savy software developer. Please email me so i can send you a video of my system. Thanks

Last edited: Jun 27, 2020
    #47     Jun 27, 2020
  8. Thank you so much, I will be sure to check them out. I am trying to leave tradestation because they have to many limitations.

#48     Jun 27, 2020
  9. qlai

qlai

I’m curious what limitations? Are you sure IB will not have those?

#49     Jun 27, 2020
  10. developing a system with TS for basic systems will workout great but for systems that require more graphics and creativity makes it much harder. I have been able to accomplish 80% of everything i need on TS except for the graphics and the scanner sucks on on TS.

My broker is IB, so i am looking for a software that would resolve those limitations which also works with IB. Sorry i did not mean i want to use the IB software because i think its not what i am looking for

Last edited: Jun 27, 2020
    #50     Jun 27, 2020