Need a programmer

Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by benvasseghi, Jun 21, 2020.

1. I have mostly very good experiences with UpWork. On one exception the project went way short of expectations and I was actually offered a full refund (hadn't paid yet, so the job was simply cancelled).

I now have 2 go-to programmers who are fantastic to work with. One of them even quotes me for an half hour of work even though I know he probably spent more than that. Very honest and a smart guy. So, my only regret is not using UpWork sooner.

The general problem may be that you're forced to put up or spell out your intellectual property when submitting the job. Of course - it's possible to circumvent that by using an invite-only job or describe the job in general/vague terms at first and then provide further detail in private messaging.

If I were you, I'd put up the job on UpWork and see what kind of offers you're getting and then interview the programmers who seems interesting.

PS: It's very painful to work with foreign programmers who's English skills are poor. You'll be wasting a lot of time on clarifying things and general communication issues.

#21     Jun 22, 2020
    yc47ib likes this.
  2. 931

Human brain is flexible, exact spellings dont usually change meaning.

#22     Jun 22, 2020
  3. fan27

fan27

The main advantage I found with SigmaTrader over other platforms is its strategy portfolio feature. I can trade multiple strategies in a single desktop and control risk via a common risk component.

#23     Jun 22, 2020
  4. geneticien

geneticien Guest

SigmaTrader is still in public beta. Is it your product?

#24     Jun 22, 2020
  5. fan27

fan27

No...not my product. I have done extensive work with AlgoTerminal (for my own trading and consulting) and SigmaTrader is basically a re-brand of AlgoTerminal with the goal of making the platform more "retail friendly" in terms of cost.

#25     Jun 22, 2020
  6. geneticien

geneticien Guest

Thank you for the clarification.

#26     Jun 22, 2020
    fan27 likes this.
  7. Thank you for the input. I will definetly check out Sigma trader. Never heard of it. I do agree with you that it will cost a fortune. I am open for options and very tired of TS. I am staying with IB as my brokerage and want to build a system that would work with the IB API.

#27     Jun 22, 2020
    fan27 likes this.
  8. My timeline is flexible and my budget is flexible. I will spend whatever its needed if reasonable.
    If you have the experience to develope software in the financial markets. I would be willing to do whatever we need to do to get the job done. You can email me if you like at
    benv4041@gmail

#28     Jun 22, 2020
  9. Thanks but i need a software developer with experience

#29     Jun 22, 2020

10. Thank you so much for taking the time out to reply to my message. I will do just that. I had not heard of Upwork... but i will give it a shot. Are you a trader yourself or a programmer??

#30     Jun 22, 2020