Need a programmer

Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by benvasseghi, Jun 21, 2020.

1. fan27

fan27

lol

#11     Jun 22, 2020
  2. 931

IMHO building from ground up is better in long run.

Unless you find something that will not run you into limitations with your current goal and is flexible enough for future plans.

If you find some ready made software that is open source and you understand its flexibility and inner functioning its also good.

I have been working on various automated trading algos and i dont know my future plans , but so far i would have run into limitations with almost all ready made trading software platforms.

#12     Jun 22, 2020
    amorcitto, yc47ib and d08 like this.
  3. d08

d08

Upwork has plenty of useless "I can do anything" types as well. Reviews don't always reflect that. Also, you're tied to Upworks terms and conditions. Might as well find someone here but yes, OP needs to post actual rates and requirements. For now there's no clarity.

#13     Jun 22, 2020
    yc47ib and IAS_LLC like this.
  4. Renzo

Renzo

I know I can’t afford you but I’m just curious. How much would you charge?

#14     Jun 22, 2020
  5. How did you migrate a strategy in Easylanguge to sigma trader? Is there a conversation programs or you had to write same codes in C# or phyton over again. Is sigmatrader can be used by non programmers ?

#15     Jun 22, 2020
  6. IAS_LLC

IAS_LLC

$500 retainer to come up with a proposal. Than $200/hr to build. Final offer

#16     Jun 22, 2020
  7. fan27

fan27

SigmaTrader is C# based so the migration required coding. SigmaTrader does have a discretionary desktop feature any algos need to be coded.

#17     Jun 22, 2020
  8. traider

traider

How does sigmaTrader compare to quantopian and quantconnect?
    Why is there a need for another backtesting platform?

#18     Jun 22, 2020
  9. 931

You should post overview of what you plan and limitations like budget and timeframe.

I have some experience with various historical data and market apis but have not yet combined any api client and algotrading core into single software.
    It might be additional cost and complications at beginning but later if you decide to swap platform its better.

IB api bridge--software
    Ninjatrader--NT bridge--software
    MT4/5 terminal/s with MQL4/5 bridges--MT bridge--software

"software" has single code to com to all and "bridge for IB api" can run in virtual machine or seperate computer and needs 1 networking port open in firewall.

The bridge is single app atm as i have some UI stuff with statistics also and dont want to keep 3 projects up to date.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2020
    #19     Jun 22, 2020
  10. virtusa

virtusa

I was lucky then as I found an expert in NT7 and NT8. The last 5 years he did several jobs for me. He is even writing as subcontractor for vendors that are on Ninjatrader. I know an ET member that used him too. And he is not charging $200 an hour.

#20     Jun 22, 2020