Need a programmer

Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by benvasseghi, Jun 21, 2020.

1. Hello,

I am looking for a software developer that is familiar with trading and trading software programming. If you know anyone please recommend

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 21, 2020
  2. How much you pay

3. I am looking for someone who can price out the entire project. Its hard to say without knowing what skill sets the programmer has and how fast he can get the project done.

4. fan27

fan27

What are the requirements? I write software but am likely not interested in the project. However, I can tell you what you will likely be looking at cost wise and whether your project has a chance of success.

5. I already have a system programmed on TradeStation platform that performs with high accuracy. But unfortunately TS platform has too many limitations and i need to move on to the next step. Which is building a stand alone software that will work with InteractiveBrokers API.
    I will want to teach a course along with providing the software and scanners in place.

Requirmetns is experience in developing sofware and knowing where and how to pull data and use Ib API

6. easymon1

easymon1

What's your budget and timeline?

7. I can write ibapi algos in python.

8. Bugsy

Bugsy

Why not go to someplace like upwork.com? They have every level of expertise for any type of project from software to coding to full on algorithmic encoding. You can look at past references, schooling and experience, reviews/ rating, country, language, time zones, base cost or hourly cost. You post your project, needs, and budget and people come to you to bid on it. But you get what you pay for. You'll get a better pool of bidders if you post a budget that is requisite of the project scope.

dennis86 and Laissez Faire like this.
  9. fan27

fan27

I don't recommend building from the ground up...it will cost you a small fortune. I have migrated a Family Office from TradeStation to AlgoTerminal (now SigmaTrader) and the project has been successful.

They and TradeTune like this.
  10. Bugsy

Bugsy

I was instantly reminded of this

#10     Jun 22, 2020
    fan27 likes this.