need a program that will rotate AUTOMATICALLY between more than 10 different IP addresses

Discussion in 'Data Sets and Feeds' started by mokwit, Mar 30, 2016.

1. mokwit

mokwit

I need a program that will rotate AUTOMATICALLY between more than 10 different IP addresses, switching IP address every 10 minutes and which will work with a standalone installed app (i.e. not browser based) that uses TCP port 9001

alternative way of explaining: I have a standalone app used for downloading stock data from a free server - I am finding that the server I download data from now stops downloading data after 10 minutes and requires at least an hour reset time before it will allow downloading again from same IP address - anyone know of a proxy switching app using self sourced or user inputted proxies which can be set to circumvent this restriction? Open minded to other approaches.

Not really looking for web based proxy services.

2. Proxy Switcher - change proxy settings on the fly
    https://www.proxyswitcher.com/download.html

Proxy Server Automatic Switching
    This article applies to registered Standard and PRO versions of the Proxy Switcher.

Proxy Switcher has two automatic proxy switching modes:
    • Keep Alive
    • Auto Switching
    Keep-Alive mode
    [​IMG]

Keep Alive
    mode works passively, it continuously checks currently active proxy server. If an error is returned Proxy Switcher will start looking for a working server in the folder named "ProxySwitcher". When such server is found an automatic proxy change will be performed.
    This mode is most suited in cases where you have relatively small amount of personal proxy servers. For example in case you bought a list of private (password protected) proxy servers.

Auto Switching mode
    Automatic proxy switching is based on an active proxy scanner, alive checker and switching timer. Which means that besides doing what Keep-Alive mode does Auto Switcher builds a queue of working proxy servers. [​IMG]

This queue is continously filled and verified in the background.
    If program finds that current proxy server has stopped responding to the requests an automatic switch will be made to one of the servers from the queue. Which means nearly instant switch to next server. Which in turn results in all the subsequent connections to be made via new proxy server. Last part of the system is a periodic switching timer which user can adjust. When timer triggers it will issue an automatic switching request. Timer can be set from 10 seconds to 30 minutes.

[​IMG]

This will give you hints (error messages why the queue is not filling up).

Tuning
    [​IMG]

A global hotkey can be set which when pressed will issue an immediate switching request. When such a switch is completed a balloon hint will be shown in the tray with the address and location of the new proxy server. To use this hotkey it should be set from the preferences.

Also you can set the source folders for the automatic switcher and preference for the servers - either pure random or random with weight towards the faster servers.

userque likes this.
  3. userque

userque

See if this fits the bill: :)
    https://www.proxifier.com/

4. 2rosy

2rosy

5. mokwit

mokwit

Sirius Lee - many thanks for taking the trouble to post the details - from what you posted looks like it does as I want - have downloaded trial - just have to work out how to use it.

Usereque Thanks - will go through the Proxifier documentation
    https://www.proxifier.com/documentation/v3/Proxifier.pdf
    to see if it allows auto switching rather than just chain.

2rosy Thanks - will have to upgrade browser before can download the app but looks interesting.

userque likes this.
  6. Surgo

Surgo

This might be an unpopular opinion but stop being a leech. Rather than pay for a proxy service, how about just paying for the data service? The limits are not there arbitrarily, it actually costs them money to provide a free service.

jharmon likes this.