Need a program that finds intraday breakouts from a tight range

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by cashonly, Jan 12, 2006.

1. cashonly

cashonly Bright Trading, LLC

I'm looking for a program that finds intraday breakouts from a tight range in real-time.

Trade-Ideas has something like this, but their stuff is statistically volume based and I want it regardless of volume.

Take a look at UNT on 01/06/06 at about 11am and you'll see the kind of thing I'm looking for.

Any suggestions?

Cash

2. Bob777

Bob777

3. I looked at UNT, that was breakdown from an tight Uptrend (not sideway, consolidating,..) channel.

Doesn't Bright have a programmer to code for you such simple ideas?

4. cashonly

Sorry, typo... it was in UNF, not UNT.

I could have a program written to do that, but why re-invent the wheel if you don't need to?

Cash

5. Since breakout didn't happen on same day (it's not intraday breakout), but happened next day on breakaway Gap (a sign of reversal because new support/resistant levels will be formed), Did you check if it show up on gap plays on trade-ideas?

6. May be mistaken, but I think I referred you earlier to RT Investor at www.linnsoft.com.

Did you check it out? I use MyTrack as a data source and can track intraday up to 700 instruments. Create a "quote page" and code it to follow any signals/scans that you want, with accompanying charts. Think of the quote page as an Excel spreadsheet that can be coded with system alerts, scans, etc. etc. It will even provide sound alerts of your choice, just in case one of the Bright brothers is yelling at you. PM me if you have more questions. I don't represent the company, just a satisfied user for the past 4 years.

7. cashonly

I think we're talking about different things. The breakout I see occured around 11am and the stock broke out from a 6 cents range that it had been in for about a 1/2 hour. Again, this is in UNF on 1/1/06

8. obviously you didn't have a good sleep today, You said on 01/06/06, and now 1/1/06 which was sunday :confused:

I see the pattern on friday 6th jan, 06, small breakout, if that's what you refering to?

9. It's a copycat of Radarscreen, while RS can scan up to 1000 symbols requiring historical data, and 2000 symboles requiring intraday (current quotes)

Secondly, Investor RT acts as conditions screener (the same way as RS) not as stock picker, means you have manually to add symbols

10. That's incorrect. Once your tracking list is created - and this can be done manually or via text import from a previously created list - it resides on the system until you delete or revise it. And yes it does "pick" stocks based on whatever criteria you devise, in whatever timeframe you're working, or in multiple timeframes if you prefer.

#10     Jan 12, 2006