Need a option broker rec, other than IB.

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by Phxtrader, Sep 15, 2010.

1. Pathetic , it's just a online brokerage.Who cares , say that you're
    the biggest swinging dick options trader in the world.

#11     Sep 15, 2010
  2. Catoosa

Catoosa

Phxtrader,
    Did you fill out any paper work with IB saying you had no option experience? If you only told IB you had no option experience in a verbal conversation, you should still be able to fill out an IB option account application. IB is in my opinion the best broker but if you really have to open an option account with another broker, take a look at Lightspeed.

#12     Sep 16, 2010
  3. Did you fill out any paper work with IB saying you had no option experience? If you only told IB you had no option experience in a verbal conversation, you should still be able to fill out an IB option account application. IB is in my opinion the best broker but if you really have to open an option account with another broker, take a look at Lightspeed.

Several years ago, I put no experience when I opened my account.
    Then about 4 months ago, I spoke to them and I was denied. So I guess I have to wait awhile and stretch the truth or open another account. My preference is to open another account.

I've looked at a lot of the brokers today and optionhouse looks the best so far, low commissions, relatively low margin rates and a low minimum to open an account.

#13     Sep 16, 2010
  4. moarla

moarla

you could delete your application, wait a few days/weeks, start a new application and tell them in the onlone app,m that you have 10 years expirience with options.
    that should work :)

#14     Sep 16, 2010
  5. joe4422

joe4422

You will have the same problem with any broker if you tell them you have no experience. They will have to start you out with level 1 permissions, which basically means you can only do covered calls.

Yes, they don't care, but if you say you have no experience, and lose your money, they're liable to be sued by you, and they'll lose. So, if you just try again with IB, tell them you made a mistake on your paper work if you have to, then they'll probably let you. They just need you to lie to them so that you can't sue them.

If you do go to another broker, make sure you lie.

#15     Sep 16, 2010