Need a new computer.. opinions?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by who281, May 8, 2010.

1. who281

who281

2. Do it right.

Falcon Trading computers

#12     May 9, 2010
  3. #13     May 9, 2010
  4. who281

who281

damn most of u guys amaze me.. i am a beginning trader and i would pay for this computer in a week just off day trades... and it means more to me to have a stable over powerful system that can handle anything because i got screweddd day trading the other day because my computer lagged just a few seconds..

and Falcon trading systems just seems like a rip off to me.. a boosted i-7 with a nice video card for twice the price no thanks

#14     May 10, 2010
  5. I'm with you all the way. I'd much rather have a corvette to do the job required of a volkswagon if there's a chance the VW is not going to perform when outrunning a tornado.

I'm sure someone could trade on a 10 year old celeron laptop and 1/2 gb of ram. But not for me thanks.

#15     May 10, 2010
  6. who281

who281

thank you.. i mean im sure im trading with pocket change compared to alot of you guys and to me this is still well worth my investment...

i bought the first computer i posted.. should be fun :)

#16     May 11, 2010
  7. Unfortunately your own PC (the client side) is only half of the equation. Your trading platform/data-feed provider's availability and performance in fast market conditions is the other half.

I use TradeStation and I run my charts on an Intel i7-930 box (a reasonably fast computer). Last Thursday all my TS charts locked up. TradeStation's servers were under-stress. I couldn't get my datafeed for the rest of the session.

Something to think about.

#17     May 11, 2010
  8. bigb

bigb

Good system. Only concern would be that your going to need to upgrade to a bigger power supply when you add additional video cards....

#18     May 11, 2010
  9. Not unless you use high-power video cards. Workstation cards for trading draw only about 20W.

#19     May 11, 2010
  10. Sold! LOL :D

#20     May 11, 2010