Need a Job in Chicago

Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by uncleTom, Oct 28, 2006.

1. So I heard about the first spot, it's a no go for now. Really was just a programming spot, not trading. The guy was encouraging, said I should check back in a few months. . . ..

Anybody looking for a strictly floor clerk, I mean entry entry level type guy. Somebody to get coffee? LOL.

Like I said salary is not an issue at all. I would really just like to find a job where I'm not expected to be a C++ superstar. You know? I go into some of these interviews for assistant trader and get railed b/c I don't know how to multithread off the top of my head. Whatever.

I just want to answer phones and check tickets. Ideas?

#21     Nov 17, 2006
  2. Stacked

Stacked

Your going to be hard pressed to find a job on the floor unless you know someone IMO it's not like it used to be. One Idea may be to try hanging out at Rivers on a friday or something and try to network (drink with traders) and stumble into something. I'm sure Bot has there own bar also I can't think of the name though.

#22     Nov 17, 2006
  3. artis74

artis74

yea hang out ceres or alcocks the guys especialy since all the biz is going to the screen;)

Why in the name of gad would you want a gig on the floor that is like asking to rearrange the deck chairs on the titanic.

#23     Nov 18, 2006
  4. volente_00

volente_00

5. Thanks for everyone's input up until this point.

So far I have been on five interviews. All for essentially different roles and differenct tax brackets . . .LOL not really! But they would pay differently.

I went down to the CBOT twice. I got to go on the floor Wed. Wow! My kind of place. I think I could really like it down there, at least in a support role. Went into the bond room, whoa . . . the place is a museum. Too bad to see such things. It's really like being in an NBA arena.

So I for sure did not get one spot. Like I said the guy said call back.

Another one, I did not make either, not to the next round of interviews. Oh well.

One I hear by tommorrow.

One by next Friday.

One by December 15th. This is European shift. But a great oppourtunity.

THe thing is . . . I love to interview for these jobs now. The more places I can go to, the better.

If anyone wants to look at my resume, please send me a PM.

I'm willing to work 10-12 hrs a day, for a very reasonable wage.

-chris

#25     Nov 23, 2006

6. She didn't even call me back. That's after I left her a message.

I'm still hopeful about the Dec 15th one. I went back in for a second interview. I was much more comfortable this time. I think they noticed also.

I have another position lined up but its "no salary". Still Lookin.

-chris

#26     Dec 6, 2006
  7. drumroll . . . . . .

PResenting you Chicago's newest tradaaaaaaaaaaaaahhh baby!

"What's really good now???

I'm about to do this thaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnggg son! Yeah! Yeah! Yeah! Get ready for this! "

#27     Dec 20, 2006
  8. LOL...

Newbies...

#28     Dec 20, 2006