need a javascript programmer and some other stuff

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by cartm, Apr 10, 2002.

1. cartm

cartm

i need a jv programmer for about 10 hrs of work does anyone know anyone or where i can find someone, not monster.com also did anyone catch buffets piece on options in the washington post and take a listen to hps chairman on trendmacro.com that is a must listen, its off a voice mail supposedly. but mainly, i need a jv programmer. sp is on tonight later

2. cashonly

cashonly Bright Trading, LLC

3. cartm

cartm

thanks cash btw u should check out trendmacro.com that voicemail of her is something i wonder if they can use that in the court later

4. cartm,

Try Platform Technologies in NYC at http://www.plattech.net/ .
    They do JAVA, JAVA Script, C++ and Visual Basic programming .
    They have done some projects for us and have some talented programmers. We have a C++ & VB programmer on staff, but we only do programming for our in house traders or projects for for hedge funds & trading groups.

Gene Weissman
    Lieber & WEeissman Sec., L.L.C.
    gweissman@stocktrade.net

5. I've personally found consulting work through www.dice.com, so that's another avenue. You should ask lots of questions if you are looking for Java developers. In particular if it's trading related work. PM me if you like more specific advice (don't want to "advertise" here)

6. cartm

cartm

thanks for all the links i am checking a few leads, what types of questions, should i ask aside from experience and quotes, do they usually quote by the hour or project what i want to do is very basic, but i don't know how to write this stuff i figure it is much more cost efficient to outsource it, its basically just writing stuff for esignals new formula engine. thats all. nothing too sophisticated. thanks

7. Just remember, a few hours in programmer talk really means a few days.

8. IRAF

IRAF

Cartm,
    I just sent you a PM, check your message box.

Rafael