Need a good scanner

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by Toonces, May 20, 2004.

1. toonces, check out linnsoft.com . They might have what you are looking for. Another alternative is neovest first alert or insight. I am an "expert" with linnsoft and from your description you can use the "tokens" called avgvol, tickvol,daypct in linnsoft. Tokens are variables that linnsoft exposes which enable you to create formulas for scans. Ex. If I want to flag stocks that have hi volume I can create a proprirtary indicator called x which is vol*daypct/avgvol so if the result of x is 3.5 it tells me that this stock as of right now is 3.5 times normal avgvol. Check out their site for more info.

Good luck

#11     May 20, 2004
  2. daferiat is correct The Min Current Volume filter is exactly what you describe here is the detail description for anyone else who is interested:

These compare the current volume for today to the average volume for this time of day. These all refer to the standard volume numbers, which are reset every night at midnight.

These filters are not available during the premarket. If you set either of these filters to any value other than blank, you will see no alerts before the open.

These filters use a ratio. If you set the Max Current Volume to 1, you will only see symbols which are trading on lower than average volume. If you set the Min Current Volume to 1, you will only see symbols which are trading on higher than average volume. If you set the Min Current Volume to 2.5, you will only see symbols which are trading on at least two and a half times their normal volume. If you set the Max Current Volume to 0.9, you will only see symbols which are are trading on less than 90% of their normal volume.

#12     May 21, 2004