Need a Forex Prop Trading Firm Accepting U.S. Residents!

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by lentus, Jul 30, 2019.

1. MKTrader

MKTrader

Famous last words...

#11     Jul 30, 2019
    VPhantom likes this.
  2. lentus

lentus

Hahaha. I fully appreciate and embrace the extent of risk I am willing to take. I'm not managing other people's money nor do I intend to maintain such high levels of risk with my own money in the future.

#12     Jul 30, 2019
  3. Futures on currencies are very limited in number that's the biggest drawback. Further, trading any spot underlying is often by definition less complex than the future unless you need additional leverage (spot fx offers plenty enough leverage for the serious trader interested in protecting capital above all), less complex beats more complex and you hear that from someone who structured complex rates derivatives notes in the past and for whom forwards and futures are, quantitatively speaking, very basic products.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2019
    #13     Jul 30, 2019
    comagnum likes this.
  4. No there are not. Thank your weird regulators in the US for that who happily have you exposed to gun violence (even at garlic festivals, mind you) and early stage experimental genetically altered food but a regulator who is scared that you will fuck up the family account with overleveraged fx trading. Some things in the US are stupid, created by the stupid for the stupid. You gotta make a choice, take it or hand in your passport like Jim Rogers.

#14     Jul 30, 2019
    VPhantom and comagnum like this.
  5. Overnight

Overnight

#15     Jul 30, 2019
  6. lentus

lentus

#16     Jul 30, 2019
  7. Overnight

Overnight

Why don't you ask him? I showed you an exchange where that pair is traded. It is up to you to do the research on which US-based firms trade ICE Singapore. You're welcome. You could always call ICE directly and ask, instead of grumping about it here.

#17     Jul 30, 2019
  8. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

We do not offer ICE Futures Singapore but Asian brokers will.

#18     Jul 30, 2019
  9. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

If trading 24/7 increases your income and if you find that leverage all the time is profitable and if you want to trade all currency pairs at any time and that makes you money-go for it.

Be concerned about a prop firm taking your money. Be concerned about trading non-deliverable FOREX where the broker/FCM is your counterparty. I come from the trading floors and have more confidence in the CME/ICE US etc, then a FOREX broker. I'd rather have an account in my name than comingle with a prop firm where leverage does not require them. and, I would never want to trade 24/7 and have no life with no breaks.

cheers.
    Bob

#19     Jul 30, 2019
    bd10 likes this.
  10. traderjo

traderjo

OP .. ok you don't like FX futures becasue of limited pairs, we get it.
    Repeating what somebody else asked already, "if FX spot brokers around the globe easily offer leverage as crazy as 1000 so why do you need a FX Prop firm ?
    - more leverage than that?
    - some technological advantage that you can't get from a spot retail broker?
    - a salary position so no risk to your capital (but then again you are saying you want to risk your own money and wish to keep 100% of profit )

pl read the 3 types of props Robert mentioned in other thread

#20     Jul 30, 2019