Need a DLL for MultiCharts.

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by John Bowles, Aug 14, 2007.

1. Hi,

I am looking for a DLL that is highly likely to work with MultiCharts.

It needs to write numbers and strings to memory and get them back from anywhere in the program such as across charts and indicators or studies..

It has to read and write to csv files on disk.

It needs to be 32 bit.

Thanks,
    John.
    P

2. Hi,

Good News on my earlier post.

I managed to get all I need for transferring global variables anywhere within the MultiCharts program from the program itself. They have the EL code required.

They also have the EL functions that are required to get csv (comma separated value) text files to and from disk. I use this to feed inputs into my indictors since I have developed ways to adjust those indicators much faster via specialized MS-Access forms and programming code. The speed comes from the fact that I can do a two handed operation with the inputs being adjusted on one machine with the right hand using button mouse clicks while the csv file read is being controlled by the left hand on the other machine.

Hope that helps.
    John.

3. Hi,

As a follow-up to the global variables DLL with MultiCharts, I have finished my trial period and have now purchased MultiCharts. For my needs this program works well.

I have managed to pass global variable data back and forth between MultiCharts and MS-Access-97 with no problems.

The programs charts keep up with the IB (Interactive Brokers) data feed well.
    Good enough for me.

The program has never bombed during the trading day.

The EL code is processed well in my case.
    I am able to place text on the screen as I wish using EL code.

I find the MultiCharts people very responsive to ideas.

4. Hello John,

We appreciate your rational suggestions and feedback. Thanks a lot!