Need a better browser

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by electron, Apr 28, 2004.

1. AC3

AC3

Avant will take all ur Bookmarks in automatically and place them in folders of the same name that U had them w/ IE

#21     Apr 29, 2004
  2. Just downloaded it, similar to Slimbrowser, but at least it updates favorities in the favorities pane. Kinda funky when it comes to creating tabs, Slimbrowser was much more intuitive here.

And after a further review I think that SB is better than Avant. Better thought out, more intuitive, but its inability to save favorities in the favorities pane is a bad thing...

#22     Apr 29, 2004
  3. This happened to me as well yesterday afternoon sometime. Sounds like a pattern is forming here.

IE6 will not even attempt to load any pages, just the "invalid syntx error" at the title. Nothing I try fixes it. Uninstall, then reinstall. Run various virus-checking programs. Nothing.

Anyone know what's going on?

I downloaded another brand and it works.

#23     Apr 29, 2004
  4. AC3

AC3

I may have a suggestion for you ..... I had a prob and the cause was this: I was using the Yahoo toolbar...... and now that MSFT has issued their own toolbar they will no longer let u use a 3rd party toolbar on IE ..... I know it just figures..... do the following:

Tools
    Internet Options
    Advanced
    Browser
    Enable third party browser extensions (make sure this is unchecked)

if it is checked uncheck it and browser shud work fine...........

#24     Apr 29, 2004
  5. I downloaded Netscape it's basically Mozilla modern version (Mozilla is Netscape 95)but worse. I don't like it. And why are those 2 browsers so slow compared to IE which feels so smooth? You can say whatever you want IE is the best. Gotta fix IE.

#25     Apr 29, 2004
  6. your FOS

#26     Apr 29, 2004
  7. OK, you can get favorities saved in the favorities pane if you use an add favorities button, but not from a pop-up window menu. In the latter case you need to refresh the favorities pane to see your recently added favorite in there. OK, fine with me, I will stay with SB then, but it still is not what I was after.

#27     Apr 29, 2004
  8. no it's true. Netscape is slow, why do icons and pictures take 2 sec. to load? Also Moz and Netscape share files, am having problems already with those 2 on one machine

there is a reason why MSFT is #1

#28     Apr 29, 2004
  9. That didn't do it. THank you though.

I'm guessing it's something more than that considering that it happened to all of us at about the same time

#29     Apr 29, 2004
  10. and this evil virus we got was likely conceived by some MSFT haters. If you listened to the MSFT haters we would have to pay to get something like Mozilla

#30     Apr 29, 2004