Need 24 as quickly as possible

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by petrovsky, Jul 10, 2013.

1. petrovsky

petrovsky

We're opening another branch in about a month and I got the call - you're going to be principal. I need to bang this out as soon as humanly possible in order to hang our shingle and allow traders to get busy.

Anyone have a recommendation on study materials that are even a close approximation of the test? I have 4 licenses already so I know all about FINRA exams and how I can expect about 5-10% of questions to be completely unrelated to any study material, but all the same, I would love to hear suggestions.

Thanks,

JR

2. garachen

garachen

I used STC. Studied for about 2 weeks. Had to rush it.

Series 24 test is brutal. But I passed with mid 80s

Brutal.
    Lots of trick questions. And lots of questions based on regs that no longer apply so you kind of have to guess at when the question was written in order to get the right answer.

It's a lot harder than it used to be because they are feeling overburdened and want to slow down the creation of new B/D.

And, yes, many questions on stuff that's not in the study material or the outline for what should be on the test. Lots of unregistered REITS.

3. petrovsky

petrovsky

Thanks for the response. I appreciate the low down. I have about 3 weeks and counting to get it done. I've narrowed it down to Kaplan or STC.

Thanks again for your input.

4. Pipflow

Pipflow

So what is this exam for ?

5. I had it when I used to work at an investment bank.

It makes a you a Securities Principal and gives you many powers to oversee other brokers and traders dealing in stocks and various other investments.

That exam was brutal... All I can say is good luck...