need 22" monitor advice

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by johnnylexus, Dec 22, 2009.

1. fhl

fhl

they screw around with their response time numbers, too. the numbers they give are not trustworthy.

#11     Dec 23, 2009
  2. I don't know enough about these technical specs on the rating... contrast ratio or response time or what not.

I do trust my own eyes.

I have an assortment of different monitor makes: Envision, Samsung, Acer, LP, etc.. I have them on side by side (I have 21 LCD monitors all in use at the same time). I like Samsung the best out of them all. I only buy Samsung monitors since 2009.

#12     Dec 23, 2009
  3. AyeYo

AyeYo

75hz is 75hz. They may label the response times differently, but it's simply a matter of seeing what refresh rate it supports, and that can't be screwed with.

#13     Dec 26, 2009
  4. The legendary Gnome turned me onto Dell Outlet. He told me that most products were simply returned items that worked perfectly well. I think they also come with a full warranty, but you better check that out. I bought three 24 inch ultrasharps, which appeared brand new and have worked perfectly for a year. The picture is incredible. I did have to call Dell to help me set them up, probably because I am not very computer savvy.

http://www.dell.com/us/en/dfh/monit.../cp.aspx?refid=monitors_30_24_wfp&s=dfh&cs=22

#14     Dec 26, 2009
  5. moarla

moarla

samsungs are perfect

#15     Dec 26, 2009
  6. fhl

fhl

I looked at the dell outlet monitor specs on the post right below yours. It doesn't say anywhere what refresh rate the monitors support.

#16     Dec 28, 2009
  7. You're absolutely correct that you can now get two of the 22" monitors for well under $350...My apologies for misquoting prices as I'm sure that might have caused hundreds to overpay on NewEgg had you not quickly set the record straight. They are forever in your vigilant debt, sir!

#17     Dec 28, 2009
  8. AyeYo

AyeYo

It's not typically given in computer monitor specs. You need to actually have the monitor hooked up or you need to find reviews.

Good discussion here:
    http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=841160

Summary post here:

#18     Dec 28, 2009