Nearly Random Entry vs a High Probability Entry

Discussion in 'Trading' started by damir00, Sep 1, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nitro

nitro

Huh?

Who is Solace?

nitro

#61     Sep 1, 2003
  2. ramora

ramora

I think nitro picking the time and direction would make the point that entries are not any part of Damir's system.

However, if you want really random. Trade on Monday and Thursday using the California Lotto numbers posted on Saturday and Wednesday night.

http://www.calottery.com/games/superlottoplus/drawresults.asp

Use the first number to determine long or short. odd number = long even = short.

Add the last 4 numbers to determine minutes after the open. Trades are market orders entered at 0 seconds after the target minute.

That is about as random as you can get.

Just a thought....

ramora

#62     Sep 1, 2003
  3. damir00

damir00 Guest

first it's post a trade, then it's post a blotter, then it's open a new account...if you're going to step up, then step up, let's get this contest rolling.

i'm ready to start tomorrow.

#63     Sep 1, 2003
  4. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

His question is what started all this.

#64     Sep 1, 2003
  5. damir00

damir00 Guest

indeed, it became moot the moment you chickened out. anytime you feel up to the challenge let me know.

#65     Sep 1, 2003
  6. damir00

damir00 Guest

you know what, that's a very clever idea. let me think about how to implement that on a daily basis and maybe i'll start a journal to log those trades. a link to a lotto with daily drawings would probably do it.

how much return do you think it would take to qualify for the "gordon gekko" level of (claimed) performance? just so i know how to target the exits. :)

#66     Sep 1, 2003
  7. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

Even if I were to "challenge" you, I'd set conditions similar to those which Nitro listed. They're pretty basic. But there's no point in my challenging you since you proved my point.

#67     Sep 1, 2003
  8. Semantics. In the end it's all random, the universe of outcomes stretches to infinity with time. Whether or not your universe is constricted to a few potential values in a certain time period still makes the outcome random, or precisely unforecastable if you would rather.

#68     Sep 1, 2003
  9. Damir,

Instead of swinging your dick around in this thread -- why don't you simply try to explain to others how you managed to close (55 out of 57) profitable trades in August using a random entry generator???

PEACE and good-trading,
    Commisso

#69     Sep 1, 2003
  10. ramora

ramora

That is easy since this is ET where a level of success often discussed is 1 ES contract point, day after day. If you could trade from a public lotto site for your entries, and then net 1 ES contract per day. That would be very good. Not amazing, but better than most do on this site by their own admission.

ramora

#70     Sep 1, 2003
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.