Nearly Random Entry vs a High Probability Entry

Discussion in 'Trading' started by damir00, Sep 1, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. damir00

damir00 Guest

sorry, must be confusing me for someone else, never heard of it. is it a methodolody? service? ...?

#51     Sep 1, 2003
  2. It says that my statement was in support of this point in your argument with dbphoenix regarding random entries rather that in opposition to it.

#52     Sep 1, 2003
  3. damir00

damir00 Guest

how many different ways are you going to find to post "i'm chickening out"? man, you're scuttling sideways faster than a crab on crack.

again, i am perfectly willing to allow you to pick my entries by any method of your choosing, random or otherwise, you don't even have to say which it is.

is your "edge" that bad that you can't even win with such an advantage?

#53     Sep 1, 2003
  4. nitro

nitro

No, posting to a forum is not REALTIME. You should know that if you post to indexfutures.

Let's us both open an account with a broker, say IB or FFastTrade for the purpose of this experiment. All it takes is $5K to trade 1 YM or 1 ES or 1 NQ. We can keep our respective identities secret to each other. Only the broker need know our identities.

Now, I tell you where and when to enter using a random number generator programmed by me and uploaded to ET so that everyone can see that the trades generated are (pseudo) randomly generated. If needed, I will also publish the source code as well.

At the end of the day, we will allow anyone to look at the trades made by allowing read-only access to the P/L, and we will allow all of ET to look in as well.

If we could not set this up easily with IB, perhaps Sioux (Susan) from FFastTrade can help set up the account.

Also, _ONE_ trade a day :confused: Are you an Investor or a Trader?

Chatrooms are meaningless to me, indexfutures or not. The reason I go into the one at ET is for company, not to prove or disprove anyone or myself. In this case, I want to disprove you, and therefore we need to do it with real money.

But like I said, if you want to waste your time managing RANDOM trades to a chatroom, we can do it that way too - I am there anyway.

nitro

#54     Sep 1, 2003
  5. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

You still don't get it. The fact that somebody else chooses your entry points for you doesn't make them random, which just strengthens my suspicion that you have no idea what "random" means.

What a waste of time.

#55     Sep 1, 2003
  6. damir00

damir00 Guest

lol. somehow i had a feeling you'd keep layering on the conditions until you could throw up your hands and walk away.

thanks for playing, nitro.

NEXT!

#56     Sep 1, 2003
  7. damir00

damir00 Guest

how many ways does it have to be said? i'm letting YOU define random in any way you want. i don't care. you can even cheat and give "anti signals" if you want. it won't make any difference, you'll still get whooped.

so go ahead. define it. choose the trades for me. using your definition of random. post your trades. let's see who extracts more money from mr market.

because, after all, that is why we're here....right?

#57     Sep 1, 2003
  8. nitro

nitro

No. A computer program will use the rand() function to generate (pseudo) random numbers using the date as a seed. It will be used to issue time of day and L or S pairs.

His/her job will then be to turn this into a profit over as many trades as he wants by managing the exits.

nitro

#58     Sep 1, 2003
  9. nitro

nitro

Huh?

I just want to do it with REAL money? That is a bad condition for trading? :confused: :confused: :confused:

Any one that would object to a trading contest without using REAL money is not a trader.

nitro :confused:

#59     Sep 1, 2003
  10. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

On the face of it, that might work. Unfortunately, it seems to be moot at this point.

This is all Solace's fault, of course :p

#60     Sep 1, 2003
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.