Nearly Random Entry vs a High Probability Entry

Discussion in 'Trading' started by damir00, Sep 1, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This is the biggest flaw in your argument; yes, it may seem like many times a random entry can lead to a large profit, but that only works if money management is totally ignored. Buy randomly, set your stop loss at 20 points and target .5 point, you will find that your success rate in profitable trades will be rather high :).

The whole point about seeking proper entries is limiting risk + maximizing reward -- that is what an edge is all about.

#41     Sep 1, 2003
  2. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

The fact that you keep challenging people demonstrates that you have no idea what's being discussed.

It's not about which type of entry makes the most money.

It's about random entry vs entry with intent.

I'm looking forward to your definition of "random".

#42     Sep 1, 2003
  3. i'm not going to waste my time with some silly contest. when you know, and know that you know, it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks. i don't really care if you believe me or not. some entries ARE better than others and i know this.

i will leave you with a link:
    http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=19280

#43     Sep 1, 2003
  4. damir00

damir00 Guest

of course, real money if you like, i already said i accept.

YM, 1 trade a day, you pick my entry point and long/short by whatever means you like, i pick my position size and exit point, ie the money management portion.

you choose your own entry, exit, size based on whatever methodology you like, and of course, you are under no obligation to reveal the methodology.

and we both post the trades in realtime right here, on this thread, where everyone can easily monitor them and they can become part of the permanent ET record.

however it turns out, i want you to know i respect your willingness to put it on the line like this. that takes courage sorely lacking among most of the paper tigers here.

ps i already trader live realtime in #indexfutures and i log trades here in realtime.

#44     Sep 1, 2003
  5. damir00

damir00 Guest

no worries, mate, nobody expected you to step up. you do talk a good show, though.

#45     Sep 1, 2003
  6. damir00

damir00 Guest

congratulations, you just made the dumbest post ever. if it's not about extracting the most coin from the market, THEN WHAT IS IT ABOUT?

#46     Sep 1, 2003
  7. :)

#47     Sep 1, 2003
  8. My memory is that the qwikpop method was the basis for trades in the journal that you posted. Is this not correct? Or is the Qwikpop method a random entry method?

Were those results posted in the journal posted in realtime? That to me is the lynchpin of this whole deal.

#48     Sep 1, 2003
  9. damir00

damir00 Guest

i am SO confident you will get completely whooped i don't even care, you have *complete* discretion on not only defining random, but defining my entry price AND short/long. just like nitro.

if you cannot beat a system playing with that level of "handicap" you have no edge, period.

you ready to step up?

#49     Sep 1, 2003
  10. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

It's about the contentions that you made in your first post. Can you find it by yourself?

As for your challenge, if nitro picks your entry point and whether you should go long or short, it's not a random entry.

#50     Sep 1, 2003
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.