Nearly Random Entry vs a High Probability Entry

Discussion in 'Trading' started by damir00, Sep 1, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nitro

nitro

Whaaaaaaaaaaaat?

Below is the FIRST post I made to this thread.

How am I going from post a trade, to post a blotter, to open an account? In that post, I stated clearly that you MUST trade with real money, and that the trades MUST be auditable by being able to INSPECT your blotter. ALL OF THIS WAS STATED IN MY FIRST POST.

That means we (anyone at EliteTrader) or a third party is able to see WITH THEIR OWN TWO EYES that you are making REAL money or losing REAL money on these random entries.

If you have another suggestion as to how to be able to proceed with this, let me know. My reason for suggesting it was that _I_ trade more than just ES, or NQ, or YM. I also trade QQQ, listed stocks, some options, and once in a while NAZ stocks. I rarely trade YM in the summer, though for the sake of this contest, I would have no problems doing so.

That is why I wanted to open a seperate account, so that we are able to let people peek in on our respective trades, without other trades that we may make on our accounts so as to compare your YM trades with mine simply and just be able to stare at a ending balance column to see who is winning.

It is clear to me that you do not trade this "random system" with REAL money, as all that I have said is clear as daylight _FROM_THE_BEGINNING_ and you are cleverly trying to dodge me.

But if you are backing out of my challenge to you because you do not even have a spare $5K to set up a seperate account (LOL :D) and yet are challenging traders on this site, ask your broker to allow read only access to your blotter so that we can see that you are actually making these trades.

EVEN IF you do not want to meet this challenge in this way, I WILL ACCOMODATE you by having you post your PAPER TRADES, entries and exits, in REALTIME, on the EliteTrader chatroom. How more accomidating can I be than that?

I assume you will be in the chatroom tomorrow since you are ready.

nitro

#91     Sep 2, 2003
  2. #92     Sep 2, 2003
  3. Atlantic

Atlantic

if you trade with random entries - are you always in the market? since every single tick and every single moment throughout a trading session is good enough to enter and to make money.

like - 1st random entry of the day - trade management - exit - and immediately next (random)entry ...??

if not - why not?

#93     Sep 2, 2003
  4. Sioux

Sioux

NITRO,

OK
    I'm game....

And...of course I will exercise complete confidentiality

Susan

#94     Sep 2, 2003
  5. damir00

damir00 Guest

LottoGirl should be up and active this weekend. she will post an entire week's worth of entries in advance, and will also have a consistent, public set of exit rules. the entries will be randomly short or long and at a random time of the day. the random number generator will be saturday's lotto numbers, i have not finalized which yet, but that, too will be posted for all to see.

gekko isn't even going to be able to beat lottery balls, so if he truly is in the top 5% of ETers, well...

this is going to be fun!

:)

#95     Sep 2, 2003
  6. damir00

damir00 Guest

nitro, you are free to do what you want. LottoGirl will have easily verifiable results, the onus will then be on you to protect your little fiefdom by offering a little transparency of your own.

but don't worry, i doubt anyone is expecting you to.

four thousand posts, lol.

#96     Sep 2, 2003
  7. nitro

nitro

Next time you challenge a trader on this board, make sure you can back it up with REAL money.

If you had started the thread with a simple, I think I can trade randomly and do well, instead of challenging traders, I doubt anyone would have bothered you.

nitro

#97     Sep 2, 2003
  8. nitro

nitro

Susan,

Thanks. I doubt this clown even has $5k.

nitro

#98     Sep 2, 2003
  9. maxpi

maxpi

Blowing up is more a function of leverage than strategy. We are discussing strategies here really.

#99     Sep 2, 2003

10. wrong.

surfer

#100     Sep 2, 2003
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.