Nearly 90 Percent of Germans Do Not Believe Official 9/11 Fairy Tale

Discussion in 'Politics' started by AMT4SWA, Jan 21, 2011.

1. Code7

Code7

I think the German government is opposed for various reasons. In the early stages of West Germany, the victors permitted only those parties that preserved their interests. The provisional constitution and penal laws, both still valid at present, bear the hallmarks of the victors. Those who argued against the official version were convicted for "hate speech" and the like. To publish newspapers and magazines, concessions were needed and only given to those who complied, resulting in a huge head start for some, e.g. Der Spiegel. The Allies also conducted the greatest book burning ever, destroying vast amounts of German literature that was no longer wanted. I mentioned before that the German government had to sign transition contracts that stated all Allied rulings were rightful and legally binding, including the Nuremberg trials that established the sole war guilt of Germany. Those who wanted to make a career in politics in post-war Germany quickly realized how they had to run things.

As for the invasion of Russia, some authors like Viktor Suvorov made the case that this was a pre-emptive strike. Hitler thought that war against international Bolshevism was inevitable but Stalin didn't expect an attack as long as Germany was still at war with Britain. German military intelligence found indications that a Soviet invasion was being prepared and taking Russia by surprise was considered the only chance to survive. The huge Soviet losses were partly attributed to the offensive positioning of their army, e.g. Soviet artillery couldn't operate properly due to the lack of topographic maps of their own territory.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soviet_offensive_plans_controversy

#41     Jan 27, 2011
  2. Lucrum

Lucrum

Were there also not many German generals who opposed the invasion of Russia? For that matter I think there were generals who opposed the invasion of Poland and France. Why invade western Europe and bomb England in preparation for an invasion, albeit one that never happened? Why invade Scandinavia? Some of your points are an interesting point of view taken in isolation. But when I step back and look at (what I think is) the the big picture I'm having a hard time seeing justification for Germany's numerous aggressive and even barbaric invasions. Particularly, if as your author says, Hitler didn't want war to begin with.

#42     Jan 27, 2011
  3. Code7

Code7

I totally agree that those invasions were barbaric. To better understand these things, one should also be familiar with the customs of that time. For example, Britain starved 800,000 Germans to death with the British naval blockade during and even after WWI. Later, Britain threatened resume the blockade should Germany not obey the Treaty of Versailles. That wasn't pretty either.

Hitler didn't expect Britain to decalre war, but once she did, costal areas like Scandinavia had to be taken ahead of the enemy for tactical reasons, to control landing zones. Germany didn't have the capacitiy to invade England, this hasn't been covered in the rearmament after WWI. Hitler wanted to bomb England back to the negotiating table which they declined ever since they declared war. Western Europe, namely France, also declared war on Germany and countries in between had to be taken for tactical reasons, to be able to send troops through them.

#43     Jan 27, 2011