Nearly 50,000,000 now in POVERTY!!!!!

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by S2007S, Nov 8, 2011.

1. A record number of Americans -- 49.1 million -- are poor,

---------------------

I'd like to see some stats on how much the poor spend on smokes, alcohol, weed, and lottery tickets.

The latest figures show 99% of the population owns a tv, why don't they sell their tv and buy some new underpants?

#11     Nov 8, 2011
  2. CORRECTAMUNDO!

If I were in charge, the welfare tit-sucks would get nothing more than, "3 square meals and a cot in a shelter".. and they should be GRATEFUL for that (and if they want better than that in their life, they should GET A DAMNED JOB AND PAY FOR IT THEMSELVES)... considering that their largess comes "at the expense of others"... and is in no way "deserved"...

#12     Nov 8, 2011
  3. zdreg

zdreg

that is why european companies avoid as much as possible to hire employees. once u hire them you can't fire them because of business conditions. it is possibly worse than a divorce.

"and tell those people how they are "lazy and system scammers".
    can you provide proof of this statement or is this an anecdotal story?

#13     Nov 8, 2011
  4. What ever ... kiss my Rolex. When a system can not provide enough oportunity it is doomed. The jobs are not coming back the wealth is evaporating from this country. Hardworking or lazy it is pointless to even try in the US.

Welcome to Planet Misery,

Akuma

BUY GOLD!!!!

#14     Nov 8, 2011
  5. Why do you think that is?

Still not "pointless" in the US.. but LOTS more difficult.

People/Countries thrive when "things are easy"... not when things are "tough" and when there is lots of competition.

The American "middle class" thrived a few decades ago thanks to (1) unions, and (2) lack of competition. That is, Americans could drop out of school in the 10th grade and get a well-paying union job at the local factory or mill. That was because America made most of the world's important products and without competition. Not true today.

#15     Nov 8, 2011
  6. It is pointless and for people who still have hope ... get away from the punch bowl. Stagflation is the outlook the future this place is done. I have studied the stagflation in Japan and that from my best estimation is where the US is headed. The aging baby boomers will follow the same path as the Japanese and defend the currency to cover thier health care costs. The youth will be sold down the river and loaded up with debt. Our parents are laughing at us because they took the world for a ride and there will be nothing left for future generations of Americans.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_generations#List_of_generations

Welcome to Planet Misery,

Akuma

BUY GOLD!!!

#16     Nov 8, 2011
  7. [1] True, but it's not the fault of the Boomers... look to the POLITICANS.

[2] No, parents are not "laughing".. just accepting the inevitable.

You think you have a righteous bitch? I think so too.

You should be directing your frustration toward CONGRESS AND THE ADMINISTRATION... THEY are the ones who have made the rules and adopted polices... they are also the ones who STOLE THE SOCIAL SECURITY TRUST FUNDS. It's CONGRESS who did you wrong... DID ALL OF US WRONG!

Hope you remember that when Odumbo comes up for election in 2012.

:mad: :mad:

#17     Nov 8, 2011
  8. With all this talk of transaction taxes and what not, I sort of feel like he has a point. If they pass that transaction tax I might as well go on welfare and blame everyone else for my problems -- since, by passing the transaction tax, everyone else will have become my problem.

#18     Nov 8, 2011
  9. poyayan

poyayan

Interesting. Who vote in our politicians? When you blame politicians, blame yourself. If you blame the democrats, you need to blame the republicans too.

#19     Nov 8, 2011
  10. Check this out. The supercommittee is going to eliminate poverty and inflation with a new inflation index and ta da new poverty income guidelins. We're fretting over nothing.. pfffttt poverty "all gone". yeah.........

"In all, adopting the chained CPI would reduce Social Security benefits by $112 billion over the next decade. Federal civilian and military pensions would be $24 billion lower, according to the nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office.

If adopted across the government, fewer people would be eligible for many anti-poverty programs because the poverty level also would increase at a lower rate each year. That would result in fewer people living below the official poverty line, despite having the same income."

http://www.businessweek.com/ap/financialnews/D9QS35RG0.htm

#20     Nov 8, 2011