Nearing an intermediate top?

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by Sarasota, Jan 8, 2004.

1. at the weekly target.

#51     Jan 27, 2004
  2. running up te target line here too.

#52     Jan 27, 2004
  3. Had an appointment with bank rep last week. While waiting, noticed (hard to miss, actually) a flip chart (one of those tall tripod things, with a 2ftx3ft newsprint pad on it) sitting in the middle of the room, so you could see it from every corner, tellers, offices, etc.

On it was printed in black and red marker:

The markets are going up, up, up!!

Dow up xx% yoy.

Nasdaq up xx %y oy.

Make an appointment today with Mr. xxxx, our investment advisor!

(And a couple of other statements I didn't really take in, because I was too busy contemplating the implications of what I was seeing.)

Within another 5 minutes, I watched an elderly couple, also waiting for an appointment, being 'fetched' by the investment advisor.

It looks like mom and pop are now getting back into the market. This investment advisor showed up about 3 months ago at this bank, but I have never seen the level of advertising they're doing now.

So, is this the last lot of buyers coming into the markets? How many are there? Is the influx of retail just beginning, halfway over, or tailing off? (I wouldn't mind a look at Mr. xxx's appointment book for the last 6 months or so.)

#53     Jan 27, 2004
  4. Another advantage of QQQ options over OEX options, OEX only trades on the CBOE.

QQQ options trade on all options exchanges - AMEX, PHLX, PCX, CBOE, BOX.
    Seems to me there is less chance to control the market when there are 6 different venues to trade on, and better chance of getting filled.

#54     Apr 23, 2004
  5. #55     Apr 23, 2004