Near Death Experiences (NDE's)

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ShoeshineBoy, Jan 27, 2004.

1. If all this is true, then it's way beyond our understanding of course. There's all kinds of weird questions you could ask.

Example: some of the infant experiencers seem to have understanding of language when they leave their body.

They come back asking their Moms, "why did you want to kill me?" after botched abortion attempts for example.

Another example was a whose Mom was thrown against a table by her husband. Her uterus ruptured and the baby was declared dead but revived. Years later the child recounted every word that the Dad said and what the room looked like, etc...

#31     Jan 27, 2004
  2. And, I'm not saying I believe every story I read, but there's enough of them out there that it makes you think...

#32     Jan 27, 2004
  3. As an fyi: one other weird phenomenon reported is that child experiencers experience a dramatic increase in cognitive and abstract thinking ability. Supposedly the avg IQ is near 150.

I find that hard to believe, but that's what they way....

#33     Jan 27, 2004
  4. Turok

Turok

>And, I'm not saying I believe every story I read,
    >but there's enough of them out there that it
    >makes you think...

Yes, there are enough stories out there that I don't believe that it definitely makes me think.

JB

#34     Jan 27, 2004
  5. Now that was quite a sentence! :)

#35     Jan 27, 2004
  6. i heard it is closer to 170 & near perfect scores on Math portion of SAT!!

#36     Jan 27, 2004
  7. And the xray vision and superhuman strength is remarkable as well... :)

#37     Jan 27, 2004
  8. This is really just an argument from ignorance, i.e., the assumption that since something has not been proven false, it is therefore true. You are trying to shift the burden of proof on the skeptics. You want to assert that NDEs are proof of an afterlife but when we disagree your answer is that we should prove that the phenomenon is something non-spiritual. Sorry, but you made the assertion and should therefore supply the proof.

#38     Jan 27, 2004
  9. Shoeshine - I heard about this book or study several weeks ago and until this thread kind of forgot about it but you now have my curiosity up. What is the name of the book or study?

#39     Jan 27, 2004
  10. Actually, if you look at this particular post I was strictly asking questions and,again, I think they are fair.

This whole thread is not about me trying to prove anything. Yes, it's no secret that coming from my worldview some of the NDE experience makes sense. But not all of it does directly...

#40     Jan 27, 2004