Neanderthals were not Human Ancestors

Discussion in 'Politics' started by aphexcoil, Feb 6, 2004.

1. Gotcha. Wasn't sure so I clarified. I guess Aphex isn't interested in discussing cuz he basically left the flamebait and bailed. Oh well. These creationists give me a headache.

#11     Feb 6, 2004
  2. No, I just went out to drink. All I am suggesting is that we see a pattern here. Science discovers something, and then many years later, it corrects itself. This happens with atoms, quarks, etc and now it is happening with evolution.

Also, just because someone doesn't believe in "macro" evolution doesn't mean that he/she believes only in creationism. Also, micro and macro evolution are two seperate beasts.

#12     Feb 7, 2004
  3. What if humans were a bi-product of a Neanderthal being raped by Cro-Nagnons or Vice Versa... or etc. etc.

#13     Feb 7, 2004
  4. fyi: Cro-Magnons are for all practical purposes modern man in a certain time period. I know you'll trust talkorigins, so look at the last line in particular:

http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/homs/cromagnon.html

#14     Feb 7, 2004
  5. I suppose one species of homo could have raped another, but by definition, offspring is impossible (different species can't interbreed).

Further, even the most radical of views of evolution doesn't endorse the notion of emergence of a new species in one generation.

It takes many generations and a separate gene pool to create a new species.

It's not like two mutts fucking, WD.

#15     Feb 7, 2004
  6. Not really. Same mechanisms, same theory. Read up a bit on the textbooks. Also read "Structures of Scientific Revolutions" by Thomas Kuhn to understand how and why scientific paradigms changes over time. And last, what you described was not a change in paradigm cuz the idea that neanderthals were human ancestors was never really the paradigm of "macro" evolution.

#16     Feb 7, 2004
  7. That's been postulated at various times, that neanderthals were assimilated by homo sapiens. It's probably not the case as more recent evidence suggests. What I think is more interesting is that before the diaspora out of Africa, the ancestors of homo sapiens lived in close proximity to about a dozen other hominid species, all of which eventually died out. How this fits in Aphex's complete misunderstanding of evolution I don't know.

#17     Feb 7, 2004