NDX

Discussion in 'Trading' started by iceman1, Nov 20, 2006.

NDX will correct within 3-4 days

1. yes

7 vote(s)
    38.9%
  2. no

5 vote(s)
    27.8%
  3. trend is your friend

5 vote(s)
    27.8%
  4. great contrarian opportunity

1 vote(s)
    5.6%
  1. hmmmmm > maybe so with full moon > >triple witch is going to be a wild one

#21     Dec 4, 2006
  2. okay ICE pony up and make your next call (ya it was pretty good) :p

#22     Dec 5, 2006
  3. wow

i was scaling into January NDX puts but failed to do quite enough since my bias was for ndx to remain near the highs possibly making a new high by year-end (THEN conveniently sell-off for me). of course i didn't consider maybe we sell off into expiry and THEN rally back.

I had bought a larger # of Dec 180c (have other strikes out to March + and -) and played games selling them on the recent POP...... can't be perfect; fine line between not letting profits dissipate and letting profits run. In hindsight wish i had closed the 180c rolled out and kept front short calls; it was part of a makeshift backspread with dec 175c so i decided to hold.

at this point i don't have a feel for what is next :confused: and would love to hear some thoughts on NDX.

just gonna go with the flow and try to extract some + $

my gut is we will be much higher next week. what i don't like is GOOG's downside "potential" perhaps dragging market along.

#23     Dec 7, 2006
  4. S2007S

S2007S

watch for 1760...

#24     Dec 7, 2006
  5. we're watching...

:confused:

#25     Dec 8, 2006
  6. well we got higher but not "much higher" (as i thought 185 was doable); of course there are still 2 weeks left to make it back to highs! i should have sold the 180c first time they got >2 and/or bought more when they got to .50c. that's the trouble with spreads that aren't set up correctly > you face decisions whether to lift one side and roll or stay naked for a time.

#26     Dec 14, 2006