NDX/QQQQ---SPX/SPY---RUT/IWM---Which Options Better???

Discussion in 'Options' started by increasenow, Aug 12, 2007.

1. which options are better to trade and why?...liquidity, spread, bank for buck etc.?....thanks for your insight...

2. MTE

MTE

See here. There's a link to another thread in there as well.

3. cdowis

cdowis

Considering spread and commission costs, I find the RUT more cost effective than IWM.

4. is not the RUT spread wider than the IWM?

5. MTE

MTE

Yes, but RUT is 10 times the IWM so a 0.05 spread in IWM is equal to the 0.5 spread in RUT.

6. I love the Q's and thats all I play. Pretty much a 1 cent spread most of the time and is taxed lower at 23% under 1256.

7. how many contracts per day and how long do you hold them?

8. The Q's move very fast so I usually play them intra day. I suggest trading same dollar amounts. Never risk anything you are not willing to lose. For example, start small. Do $1000 trades (or lower if that is too high of a starting point). Once you do 10 consistent trades bump your trading size to $2000 ect ect. Once my trade goes through I immediately place a sell limit order for around 10 cents above (I trade options). I try to go for consistent small gains rather than getting rich/poor on any particular play. I suggest you practice many times before jumping into the Q's.

9. kny3

kny3

Q's don't get 1256 treatment.

kny 3 :cool:

10. I don't know about the options part (I will start to watch) but the RUT moves more intra day than the Q's. - However, I have been unable to get out of a position for several days. . .

Do you just buy str8 up options or do you spread?

#10     Aug 22, 2007