NDX is insane!!!

Discussion in 'Trading' started by indahook, Jan 9, 2004.

1. Funny thread ! Scientist is a true thinker !

:cool:

#11     Jan 9, 2004
  2. I would say "Markets can remain irrational longer than you can remain SOBER."

or

We can start a new thread and call it "The legends of the Drunken Market."

:D :D :D

#12     Jan 9, 2004
  3. you can include Jesse Liver(no)more.

#13     Jan 9, 2004
  4. L-O-L !

#14     Jan 9, 2004
  5. indahook and Scientist - if you guys are so creative in your trading as in your galactic market place analogies, I am ready to give you all my capital to trade :D :) :p

Unbelievable...

#15     Jan 10, 2004
  6. It really is just a matter of time perspective that distorts a move and makes it seem like it is too much.

One of the biggest errors a trader can make is to stand in front of the train no matter if it's going East or West.

We all know this, so why do so many fail to apply it to live trading ?

The reason I believe is because once we Buy/Sell it becomes personal and theres where you have the Opinion and Bias monster hiding.

#16     Jan 10, 2004
  7. Jeffo

Jeffo

It's like 1998 all over again. :)

Take a look at a 4 year nasdaq chart for some perspective.

#17     Jan 10, 2004
  8. No way! You shouldn't even consider investing with inferior humans! I think if you want to go with more conservative investments that effectively protect you against the nuclear holocaust on earth, I would consider investing with none other than god!

G.O.D Enterprises Inc. supplies you with a superior and more than just global, yes universal view over the planet and civilization investment world. Our perspective goes way beyond the civilizations and ages of a single planet. We have experience with various civilations of various lifeforms, such as not only carbon-based, but also iron-based, copper-based, gold-based, silicon-based and simply godly entities.

Let's face it, wouldn't you rather have the opportunity to invest into the Klingon arms industry, rather than Lockheed-Martin on earth, where arms demand just never meets supply? Wouldn't you rather invest into Ferengi banks, or Vulcan Insurance companies and hedge funds, executed by people truly void of emotion?

Still bored, shaving your cat just to annoy your wife? Interested? Call me now! At : 1-800-GODFUND

#18     Jan 11, 2004
  9. Thanks Neutrino! Sorry to disappoint but my trading approach is prolly one of the most un-creative on ET. Daily chart using candles and volume only. When I see a stock that I think is going up I will use a buy stop .01 over the previous days highs(vice versa for shorts) and use the day I entered`s lows/highs +/-01 as my stop. position sizing according to my max loss per trade of $500.00 and using a min 2-1 win loss as my profit tgt...always taking profits on limit orders.

Scientist is the real deal! He acquired a temporal distortion device that allows him to scalp the DAX in real time while making everyone else move in slow motion...unbeknown to them!

#19     Jan 12, 2004
  10. Bars & volume is all you need. Simplicity is king. :cool:

Thanks hook, the sad update on the story is I have stopped using the temporal distortion device on myself after I saw what I did to my cat.

Since I am a Leo myself, I fear it might have a similar or worse effect on me. Never trust technology.

#20     Jan 12, 2004