NBC News: Zimmerman To Be Charged

Discussion in 'Politics' started by AK Forty Seven, Apr 11, 2012.

1. Yes

#31     Apr 11, 2012
  2. Zimmerman's lawyers lost contact with him. That isn't good.

Up until the point Martin assaulted him (I believe he did), Zimmerman was playing cop. He already saw Martin as guilty of something, hence his comment "These assholes always get away."

Now, if he identified himself as Neighborhood Watch immediately when he addressed Martin, he might have at least been following some kind of protocol. So far, the girlfriend's account (Martin's girlfriend) said she heard Martin say "Why are you following me?" followed by "What are you doing in this area?" - not "I'm with Neighborhood Watch - what are you doing in this area?"

Of course, this is a hearsay account, but so is Zimmerman's "You're gonna die tonight" from Martin.

If nothing else, it will be a lesson about protocol for N.W. patrols. Because if you aren't identified in any legitimate way, you can easily be mistaken for a mugger, kidnapper, gay rapist, whatever....

#32     Apr 11, 2012

3. 2nd-degree murder

#33     Apr 11, 2012
  4. Is Zimmerman's father a zionist?

#34     Apr 11, 2012
  5. Don't know

#35     Apr 11, 2012
  6. With his father being an ex-judge he will be placed under house arrest pending the trial. They will stretch this out for 2 years to let the hoopla die down and he will take a plea of 3 years with time served (his house arrest) or the receive statutory minimum sentence of probation. He will never be placed in jail being a judge's kid and i'm sure his father is working on a new identity for him.

#36     Apr 11, 2012
  7. JamesL

JamesL

#37     Apr 11, 2012
  8. Brass

Brass

At the press conference following the special prosecutor's announcement regarding the second degree murder charges, Al Sharpton said something that bears repeating. Specifically, Sharpton said that the governor and the prosecutor did not yield to public pressure to arrest and charge Zimmerman. Rather, the public pressure caused them to take a second look, albeit weeks later. Had it not been for that public pressure and that second look, Zimmerman might not have been charged because local police did not originally plan to make an arrest.

#38     Apr 11, 2012
  9. Lucrum

Lucrum

Still nothing going on up there in Canada huh?

#39     Apr 11, 2012
  10. -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes. And some posters here are so blind to see the freedom of speech they have in their country, and freedom of speech on internet cause "that second look" If Angela Corey take the second look and see nothing, then she will not charge George Zimmerman. So she see something.

#40     Apr 11, 2012