NBC major cuts coming. Which CNBC employees should go? Who should stay?

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by seasideheights, Oct 19, 2008.

1. Much like the Food Channel...I say keep all the "titties." Everyone else....can go.

#41     Oct 20, 2008
  2. A Stock Market Vote of Confidence for Bush By Lawrence Kudlow

"But if you ask folks on Wall Street what their biggest worry is, most will say it's another 9-11. They rank another attack far ahead of passing sub-prime mortgage problems or wiggles in consumer spending. "

-----------

I remember about a year ago Sir Larry dismissed the declining of real wages as phony when he had Jared Bernstein on. I'm guessing by having Ann Coulter on is a sort of hint to Fox that he can play ball and to give him a call if and when CNBC gives him the boot.
    He appears to be more of a pundit masquerading as an economist.

#42     Oct 20, 2008
  3. (1) Rhatigan. If I could fire only one, this would be the one. He is a bumbling, stuttering, shouting, interrupting egomaniac. I am tired of his fucking "trade schools" every 73 seconds on Fast Money explaining to me what he thinks caused the fucking financial crisis. Do you trade, Dillon? No? OK, you're outta here.

(2) Gasparino. CNBS has made this clown the daily 3:30 sideshow. I am still perplexed why--with all his dodgy, questionable reporting--that he is not sitting in an 8x8 cell somewhere. Anyone remember Dorfman?

(3) Cramer. Cramer admitted how he and his wife made their money in "Confessions." He intentionally, willfully manipulated analysts to up/downgrade companies that he was frontrunning. This is a major, major SEC violation. Can you say prison? "My job is to help you..." BS. Cramer also touts his many years of managing a hedge fund (his contract must specify he do this at least 5 times per show) yet he will only provide ONE statistic of his hedge fund's performance: the compounded annualized return over a 10-year period. Keep in mind this was during the 90's; EVERYONE was killing it in the latter half of the decade. I suspect his temperment was a real barrier to consistent returns and he had 2-3 good years and 7-8 subpar years. I would like to see his annual returns year by year. It is also extremely difficult to dig up current returns on his ActionAlertsPlus portfolio. Leads me to the same conclusion.

#43     Oct 20, 2008