NBC Attempts To Make Romney Comment A "You Didn't Build That" Moment

Discussion in 'Politics' started by JamesL, Jul 23, 2012.

1. Bullseye, Murray.

Good news is that fewer and fewer people bother to watch it or read papers.

#11     Jul 23, 2012
  2. Ricter

Ricter

It's true, they now read Krugman, and Huffington Post.

#12     Jul 23, 2012
  3. Max E.

Max E.

You mean the same Krugman who wrote this: (after the giffords shooting)

We don’t have proof yet that this was political, but the odds are that it was. She’s been the target of violence before. And for those wondering why a Blue Dog Democrat, the kind Republicans might be able to work with, might be a target, the answer is that she’s a Democrat who survived what was otherwise a GOP sweep in Arizona, precisely because the Republicans nominated a Tea Party activist. (Her father says that “the whole Tea Party” was her enemy.) And yes, she was on Sarah Palin’s infamous “crosshairs” list.

You know that Republicans will yell about the evils of partisanship whenever anyone tries to make a connection between the rhetoric of Beck, Limbaugh, etc. and the violence I fear we’re going to see in the months and years ahead. But violent acts are what happen when you create a climate of hate. And it’s long past time for the GOP’s leaders to take a stand against the hate-mongers.

http://krugman.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/01/08/assassination-attempt-in-arizona/

Too bad for Krugman and the rest of the Liberals that none of their Fantasies have played out..... no matter how hard they try to falsely portray it they still have yet to figure out a connection between the Tea Party, Talk Radio and Mass shootings....

#13     Jul 23, 2012
  4. Ricter

Ricter

Yep that's the one. Sucks to be you. :D

#14     Jul 23, 2012
  5. Max E.

Max E.

Really? Does it suck to be me? Are you proud that your favourite economist maligned his opponents as the cause of a mass murder, even though he "admittedly" had no proof, and the allegations turned out to be completely false?

Why would you put so much trust in a guy who intentionally deceives you?

#15     Jul 23, 2012
  6. Ricter

Ricter

I'm not proud or ashamed, the man is allowed to make errors. But errors like that come from your team every single day, and I mean that nearly literally. But let's step back for a second, what's going on here? Ad hominem, is what.

#16     Jul 23, 2012
  7. Max E.

Max E.

The key word here is "errors." I will never deny the fact that Fox news does a pretty piss poor job of facts, and they also intentionally mislead, im not an ideologue who is incapable of seeing that....

There is a pretty big difference though between the morons like Michelle Bachmann saying Obama spent 200 million a day on a trip to India, and what the left is trying to do to the right.

The left is trying to paint the right as murderers, sociopaths racists etc..... the left is not just playing "fast and loose" on the facts, they are legitimately involved in trying to paint the right wing as evil racists, sociopaths, and mass murderers.......

#17     Jul 23, 2012
  8. Ricter

Ricter

Well, you're right, it's smear v. smear right now. The sad part is that research shows it works, so of course no politician can afford to not engage in it.

#18     Jul 23, 2012
  9. How very Machiavellian of you. You almost sound like an evil Republican now.

#19     Jul 23, 2012