NBA: Will the Heat repeat + Other Thoughts

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by hapaboy, Nov 3, 2006.

1. Im not dogging the suns...They are a good team and fun to watch....just like the Mavs were when they had NASH, Dirk and Finley....but after 7 years they won when???? They cut the other two and put more emphasis on D because of Avery....Re: Orlando, I have never said they are going to win it all or were a power house....they are the youngest team in the league by far...in fact up until last week, out of their nucleus of Howard, Darko, Trevor Ariza and Jameer....Only Jameer could drink legally!!!...so is the future bright? Hell yeah.

#51     Dec 15, 2006
  2. I want to state first that I love the way iverson gives his all in a game......that said:

am I the only one who has noticed that no contending teams want anything to do with him? Bobcats, warriors, kings, pacers.....In past years the top three or four teams would be in a bidding war to add a talent like this....I for one am not sold on AI....Sure he avg. 30+ points a game...but he takes around 30+ shots per game....How could he fit with KG? Does anyone think he would really settle for 10 shots a game knowing that his outside presence would free up KG inside? He doesn't practice as we all know, plays defense only when he thinks he can steal a pass in the lane and get a freebie at the other side....and is an overall Over rated player in my opinion. Tough and talented? Sure , but does he make the guys around him better like a Kobe or LeBron or JKidd or Shaq? I don't see it and at almost 20 million per for the next 2 years....i don't see the value....Even Mark Cuban wants to take a pass on this one and this is the same guy who backed up the truck for Antoine Walker!!!.

I heard Denver might be interested, but now that Mello finally gets it, do you really want him around AI and his attitude?

#52     Dec 15, 2006
  3. Another stupid brawl, with Carmelo flying in for a sucker punch on Collins.

AI may feel right at home with his gangsta buddy 'Melo at his side.

#53     Dec 17, 2006
  4. Just saw the video for the first time.....I am SOOOooo embarrassed for melo!!! What a PUNK!.....If your such a tough guy, throw the punch and then get it on...but not this puss...not only does he throw a sucker punch, but then he runs like a little girl!!! What a mess! LOL Way to get some street cred! didn't he grow up in a tough neighbor hood? I mean, he's RUNNING form Jared jefferies, Not Anthony Mason!!

#54     Dec 18, 2006
  5. TheFinn

TheFinn

Mardy Collins deserved that sucker punch... you could tell 'Melo was just waiting to get that punch in, I would be, too, considering the CHEAP foul Collins committed which started everything. That was the second game in a row that Collins did that. I fault the Knicks ENTIRELY, the Denver players just reacted how any normal guy would react. If the Bricks weren't such SORE LOSERS this would have never happened.

Just my 2 cents. :)

Finn

#55     Dec 18, 2006
  6. I could see if JR Smith did it...but Melo RAN like a freaking girl.....i mean, he was practically out of the STADIUM !!

You are right though, the Knicks are pathetic

#56     Dec 18, 2006
  7. Can't believe you guys waste your time watching those NBA bitches.

If the whole league folded tomorrow, nobody outside of "the hood" would notice. The only negative would be that crime rates across the country would EXPLODE.

F the NBA

#57     Dec 18, 2006
  8. Looked a lot like a baseball brawl in shorts...

#58     Dec 18, 2006
  9. Right...I guess they can't be model citizens like the Cincinnati Bengals

#59     Dec 19, 2006
  10. What do the NBA, Terrell Owens, Chris Henry (and the other Bengal team criminals) all have in common?

For some strange reason, you never hear about NHL players pulling bullshit like that. I wonder why?

#60     Dec 19, 2006