NBA: Will the Heat repeat + Other Thoughts

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by hapaboy, Nov 3, 2006.

1. You can't get away from history, my friend. And history shows that Yao does his thing against the knicks and the eddy currys of the league, but then when he plays against quality, he turns into a fumbling, fouling, creampuff. That's his history. If it changes, fine. But, until then, thats what the logical student of the game can expect.

#21     Nov 11, 2006
  2. Agreed. They look terrific.

What is mystifying is how bad the Suns are. Diaw and Bell are having horrible seasons, and Amare is only so-so. They may be trying to rush him into things too quickly and he's not able to recover properly. The only bright spots are Nash and Barbosa. They sure aren't playing like the team of last year.

#22     Nov 11, 2006
  3. If you had told me pre-season that Portland would be playing .500 ball and Phoenix less than .300, I'd say you were nuts.

This is going to be a wacky year in the NBA.

#23     Nov 15, 2006
  4. RCMLLC

RCMLLC

How about dropping 34 and 14 on Shaq's 15 and 10 in a blowout win, in Miami. Is that that "quality" enough for you?

#24     Nov 15, 2006
  5. I like Yao, but then he ran into Tim Duncan and the Spurs and went 7 for 21. He did have a respectable 20 points, but Duncan had almost twice as many rebounds. Heck, even McGrady had more rebounds than Yao did...

Shaq has been on the downward slope for a while. Yao needs to prove himself against younger players like Duncan and on a consistent basis to be considered among the very best.

#25     Nov 16, 2006
  6. I like Yao...I think he's very under utilized....but i also look at him and think....RIK SMITS of the Pacers....Some nights he would score 24 points and 12 rebs against Patrick Ewing and then next night he'd have 10 and 8 against Harvey Grant and the Bullets....In this day and age of a LACK of true big men...he should be avg. around 28 and 15 PPG....

#26     Nov 17, 2006
  7. Is Ben Wallace the Bust of the Year? Or should that be Bust of the next 4 years?

$60 million for 4 years, and he's averaging two boards less than his average last season. The Bulls, hyped as contending for the Eastern Conference crown, are 5 - 9.

Now he's acting like a baby because of the headband issue. Good grief, $15 million a year and he complains about a friggin headband.....

#27     Nov 29, 2006
  8. Ben played in a TOTAL team defensive scheme in Detroit...He had a lot of help when guarding and was especially effective as a weak side defender....He's not able to do that in Chicago because they are no where near the defensive team of the Pistons....it doesn't matter anyway.......The MAGIC are the beast of the east!:D

but they over paid for a one dimensional player

#28     Nov 29, 2006
  9. ElCubano

ElCubano

:eek: you must win your games by more than 5 points in order to start throwing your weight around here .....

besides we know who the best team in the east are...:confused:

#29     Nov 29, 2006

10. They beat the Jazz by more then 5....D Howard is the new beast of the east........I'll tell you what....The Heat, Pistons and Cavs had better win this year.....with another year or so, Dwight will be unstoppable

#30     Nov 29, 2006