NBA: Will the Heat repeat + Other Thoughts

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by hapaboy, Nov 3, 2006.

1. reg

reg

The Heat will not repeat because, aside from Wade, they are an old team. I think the Cavs, with the experience gained playing the Pistons in the playoffs last season, are a better team than the Heat this year.
    The Mavs or Suns are the two teams most likely win it all this season. My favorite team though is still the Kings.
    We'll see.

#11     Nov 4, 2006
  2. Lakers and Jazz are 3-0.

The Sixers (!!) are 2-0.

Hornets are 2-0.

Mavs are 0-2.

Phoenix is 1-3.

Crazy start to the season!

#12     Nov 5, 2006
  3. ElCubano

ElCubano

long season ahead..there is no way no how there can even be close to a prediction on who is taking the trophy home...so many things can happen; injuries are usually what causes great teams or teams that have a shot to miss the playoff's....so barring no injuries or anything of that sort...i honestly think the HEAT can do it again. But i agree chicago is one team that needs to be looked at closely....

#13     Nov 5, 2006
  4. RCMLLC

RCMLLC

T-Mac is no longer the top dog on his team ... it's Yao's team; what don't you buy into? The guy was the best center in the league since the last all star break, and he is getting off to a great start this season as well..... just dropped 36 pts on the Mavericks while being double and tripple teamed.

Shag is old, and he will be older come playoff time. Dwight Howard is not a guy that the offense runs through like Yao is; neither is Amare. If the Rockets get more than 55 wins, Yao will be in MVP conversations.... mark my words!

#14     Nov 5, 2006
  5. fhl

fhl

Watched rockets last night. Yao didn't impress, tmac still dominates everything on their team. I could be wrong, but I just don't see Yao is all that special. Hey, no hard feelings.

#15     Nov 6, 2006
  6. RCMLLC

RCMLLC

The man played 27 minutes due to foul trouble; took only 11 shots and had 17 pts and 10 boards. From a center position, what's there not to impress? The game has changed to a guards game. I believe he would've dominate even more had they stuck to the rules when Olajuwon was playing.

Anyway, let's evaluate the Rockets again by the all star break and see what we got. It's too early to make a judgement anyway.

#16     Nov 6, 2006
  7. ok...for starters....Yes....the heat will repeat...Shaq knows when to turn it on and this will be his last season...thats a stone cold lock!!! The magic? I sit on the floor all year long ( but not tonight, i have to give wifey a break :))...they are young DEEP and YOUNG...Howard is a monster but they often forget to go to him for long stretches and take their own shots instead of letting him set the tone...they should be a 7 or 8 seed this year...Darko is a STEAL...he will be 6 man of the year if he doesn't;t take Battie's job....now for T-mac....The guy has a bad back...sorry folks, but what we have is a 6-10 shooter from 25 ft....he doesn't;t drive anymore and settles for jumpers...he doesn't make his team better...YAO???? If i was the coach, id insist every 3 times down court he gets the ball in the low post...no matter what!...but they don't do it and often times Yao is about as significant in a game as Eddie Curry of the Knicks....as a long time Hoops fan, i must admit, this is the first time in 30 years where any one of 8 teams can win it...usually its two maybe 3 teams with a legit shot...also, this year, you will see more 'upsets' then ever before but they are not really upsets..Parity is here...there will be a lot of 30 win teams this year that will be the heat one nite and lose to the hawks the next.

#17     Nov 6, 2006
  8. mattmecham

mattmecham Guest

Jazz are for real assuming no injuries

#18     Nov 8, 2006
  9. Saw just about all of em play on first week of nba league pass and the one guy that really stood out to me was chris paul. That guy can play. He is amazing.

#19     Nov 10, 2006
  10. RCMLLC

RCMLLC

You must be kidding or clueless ....

Rockets vs. Knicks tonight 11/10/2006:

Yao Ming: 38Mins 35pts 15/21 FG 17Reb 7BLK
    Eddy Curry: 22Mins 7Pts 2/11 FG 5Reb 0BLK

How do you compare Yao Ming to Eddy Curry is beyond me. The man does this almost on a nightly basis now. Wake up man!!!

#20     Nov 10, 2006