NBA Playoffs

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by hapaboy, May 22, 2008.

Are these the best NBA playoffs in a very long time?

1. Yes, without a doubt. I'm glued!

10 vote(s)
    45.5%
  2. About the same. I'll watch occasionally if at all.

7 vote(s)
    31.8%
  3. Worse than ever. I choose to watch badminton.

5 vote(s)
    22.7%
  1. What is very clear is that Ray Allen has certainly reverted to his old spectacular self in the Finals offensively, and, holy shit, has been playing stellar D on Kobe. I don't think Allen has been tricked off his feet yet by the Kobester, and every time Kobe shoots, Allen has a hand in his face.

Then Pierce takes over in the second half of Game 4 and gets a block to boot.

Defense wins championships, and the Celtics are proving it.

Question is, who deserves to be the MVP of the Series? I think it has to go to Pierce. Allen has been big, KG has been okay, but without Pierce there's no way the C's win this.

#31     Jun 14, 2008
  2. Game 5: Good grief, does someone on the Celtics squad other than Pierce and Posey want to win a championship?!?

Garnett disappeared (again) and missed crucial free throws. Gasol definitely outplayed him tonight.

Still, the Celtics had their chances, and the Lakers narrowly avoided losing the game and the Finals.

Boston had better end this in Game 6. If it goes to a game 7 it really would be a toss-up.

#32     Jun 16, 2008
  3. Arnie

Arnie

Hap,

I swear I think they lost just for the ratings. Last minute or two were painful to watch (for a Celtics fan, anyway).

#33     Jun 16, 2008
  4. Celtics, baby!!!

What an utter demolition of Kobe and Co.

In the offseason, Kobe will demand to be traded yet again....but this time to THE CELTICS!!

ROFLMAO!!

Hopefully we can finally put to rest the ridiculous assertion by some that Kobe is as great as MJ was.

Question:

WILL THE CELTICS REPEAT?

#34     Jun 18, 2008
  5. I was wrong. I thought the Lakers were the better team but Boston outplayed them. I think the Laker bench flopped. I don't think its because of inexperience, but rather because they laked team unity.

Congrats to Boston. I'm not from Los Angeles so I can't even be too upset. Boston also deserved it. I'm glad Pierce, Garnett and Allen finally got one.

In all honesty though, the Lakers should be even better next year. They will still have Bryant (there is no way he is going to be traded as mentioned in the post earlier), Odom and Gasol. Bynum will also be healthy. Plus you will have those questionable role players that should improve such as Vujacic, Walton, Turiaf and Farmer. I don't feel too comfortable with Radmanovic though. I think the Lakers should definently pursue another small foward. That being said, it's very possible that the Lakers and Celtics can meet up in next years finals.

Congrats to you Boston fans again.

#35     Jun 18, 2008
  6. fhl

fhl

Some nba playoff stars of tomorrow, per and article at http://pajamasmedia.com/blog/the-pinocchios-of-the-left/

"the NBA recently held its pre-draft camp in Orlando, Florida, and they discovered that the one thing these college prospects had in common, aside of course from a reluctance to play defense, was that a large number of them have been lying about their height. Memphis center Joey Dorsey, Memphis guard Derrick Rose and Duke guard DeMarcus Johnson, weren’t really 6-9, 6-4 and 6-4, as advertised, but were 6-6, 6-1 and 6-1, respectively. UCLA’s Kevin Love wasn’t 6-10, but actually a tad under 6-8. Kansas State’s Michael Beasley was 6-7, not 6-10, and USC’s Davon Jefferson was a full three inches shy of 6-8. Not only wasn’t Tennessee Martin’s Lester Hudson not 6-3, he wasn’t even a six-footer."

#36     Jul 1, 2008