NBA Playoffs

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by hapaboy, May 22, 2008.

Are these the best NBA playoffs in a very long time?

1. Yes, without a doubt. I'm glued!

10 vote(s)
    45.5%
  2. About the same. I'll watch occasionally if at all.

7 vote(s)
    31.8%
  3. Worse than ever. I choose to watch badminton.

5 vote(s)
    22.7%
  1. Good grief, the Celtics blow a 24 point lead and let the Lakers get within two late in the 4th quarter.

As for Laker deficiencies - Leon Powe has 21 points in 15 minutes?!? Are you kidding me?

Lakers are up against the wall and very pissed off about the lack of trips to the free throw line. IMO they're going to blow the Celtics out in Game 3, but I think the C's manage to get one in LA, maybe game 5, and end it all back home.

If Kobe wants to be MJ-ish, he better get it together ASAP.

#21     Jun 9, 2008
  2. The Lakers don't have a decent bench man, and that was readily exposed in Game 2.

Yeah, the Celtics got lazy (happens to the best) but they held on and got the WIN ... and that's all that matters.

Previously Kobe had Shaq (when he was KING) and a helluva good bench and role players who knew how to play their niche positions to a "tee" ... if all they could do is hobble into the corner, sit there, and nail the three when the ball was tossed to them, that's what they did, and they did it well.

This crew? ... they don't know their ass from a hole in the ground.

Looking for Celtics to get the Big Win ... I'm tired of the Lakers, and I'm tired of Kobe and I'm tired of Phil Jackson and I'm tired of these glorified role-players riding on the coattails of great players (even if they are rapists) to get a ring.

#22     Jun 9, 2008
  3. client#9

client#9

I agree with a lot of what you said. Where I would differ is that LA is generally perceived to have a great bench and Boston's is weak. I think LA does have a great bench and Boston's just looked good last night because of Powe.

I wish there was some way that both of these teams could lose the series.:D

#23     Jun 9, 2008
  4. timcar

timcar

Them LAKERS down 0-2 need to win all three games at home in order to take the series back to Boston with at least a chance to win this thing. The Lakers are getting killed at the 3 spot with P. Pierce scoring and L.A. have no defense against him and no scoring at that spot with all those foreign players they have at this spot.

LAKERS for sure getting out hustled on the boards and need a win in game 3 to make this series interesting.

#24     Jun 9, 2008
  5. Besides the sudden disappearance of what was supposed to be a terrific bench, Lamar Odom has also gone MIA for the Lakers.

I think it's clear that Kobe has to defend Pierce all game since it is Pierce killing the Lakers, not Garnett or Allen.

I hope the Lakers don't adjust, though, and get swept! I'm so sick of all the Kobe-is-MJ bullshit. Kobe has to win this championship for that comparison to have any hint of validity whatsoever.

#25     Jun 10, 2008
  6. Ugly game....UGLY!!

Odom and Gasol disappear, but so do Pierce and Garnett.

The freethrow disparity swung the Laker's way (although they missed so many of them), Kobe finally did his thing, and Vujacic had a big game.

The Lakers can breathe a sigh of relief that they're not down 0-3, but they shouldn't take any pride in this game.

Neither should the Celtics. Other than Allen, they sucked big time....

#26     Jun 11, 2008
  7. random observations:

-has there ever been a bigger whiner in the league than kobe?

-whatever pundit said that paul pierce belongs in the same sentence with larry bird is wrong personified

#27     Jun 11, 2008
  8. timcar

timcar

Are we watching (SPURS vs. PISTIONS) finals? 87-81 That’s terrrrrrrrrrrible. First half of the first game halftime score was 51-46 I thought WOW this is going to be a great FINALS series.

Defense Defense Defense. I guess this is NBA ball when two great teams actually play full speed in your face Defense. Watched K. Bryant at end of game walking off court after T.V. interview he looked absolutely worn out. This is a 20 million $ a year player could hardly walk back to dressing room.

For the LAKERS to win the series: K. BRYANT must guard P. PIERCE the entire game and shut him down, then LAKERS hit some 3 balls and KOBE gets his ring.

#28     Jun 11, 2008
  9. CELTICS, BABY!!

Come back from 24 down?!? Are you freakin' kidding me?!?

Sorry Kobe, you never were, and never shall be, as great as Michael Jordan. The difference - MJ would have taken control of the 4th quarter and demanded the ball on every possession. And he would have made shots and wreaked havoc defensively.

#29     Jun 13, 2008
  10. ssblack

ssblack

Kobe = Jordan? PLEASE.

NOBODY will compare to MJ. The guy was insanely awesome on every level. Mentally, physically, talent, intelligence.

Praise to the Celtics. I am glad Allen and Garnett will get their rings!

#30     Jun 13, 2008