NBA Playoffs

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by hapaboy, May 22, 2008.

Are these the best NBA playoffs in a very long time?

1. Yes, without a doubt. I'm glued!

10 vote(s)
    45.5%
  2. About the same. I'll watch occasionally if at all.

7 vote(s)
    31.8%
  3. Worse than ever. I choose to watch badminton.

5 vote(s)
    22.7%
  1. Ya know, Garnett hasn't been consistently great, though. I think Pierce really bailed them out against the Cavs, not Garnett. And yeah, Ray Allen has just been cold all playoffs except for the last game. Matchup wise with the Lakers, he's Bruce Bowen without the defensive skills.

Noone on the Celts matches up with Kobe, and the Lakers have Odom and Gasol to throw at Garnett along with their terrific bench.

As much as I despise Kobe, I see the Lakers taking it in 5, 6 max.

If the Pistons make it, and they play at their best (wake up, Rasheed!) they could beat the Lakers IMO as they did in '04.

#11     May 30, 2008
  2. And Detroit loses in the conference finals...AGAIN!!

Their core guys are 30 or older. Wonder if they get blown up next year. Pundits are saying Saunders is gone...

Pierce bails Boston out again, too, not Garnett. The Big Ticket gets most of the praise, but IMO Pierce is Boston's MVP in the playoffs thus far.

#12     May 31, 2008
  3. timcar

timcar

D. Pistons and S.A. Spurs are the exact same team. Both play outstanding defense and are terrrrrrrrrible on offense. D. Pistons screw it up again in the Conference Finals. They have 6 straight Conference Finals with only one NBA ring. terrrrrrrrible that is. At least this year’s FINAL SERIES (Lakers vs Celtics) will be a lot better than last years FINAL. Last year the CAVS really sucked.

D. Pistons and S.A. Spurs both great teams yes but never have I seen two teams exactly the same on offense. Both goes long periods of the game where they can not score. Neither team can stretch a lead and most important neither team can come back when they get behind.

2008 NBA FINALS should be called “The DONATION SERIES”

Both teams (LAKERS and CELTICS) are here only because other teams in the league said here take our best player on our team we want to be terrrrrrrrrrrible for the next few years. Well Memphis (Gasol) Seattle/O.K.city (Allen) and Minnesota (Garrent) all of you guys will stink the next 3 yrs. for sure.

At least 2008 Final will be better than last year. Predictions latter this week.

#13     May 31, 2008
  4. Detriot is certainly not a bad offensive team... They're not the best, but they are above average. Wallace, Hamilton & Billups are great offensive players. You can also make an arguement for other players such as Prince and McDyess,which are also above average players

#14     Jun 2, 2008
  5. I'm going to predict Lakers in 6 games...

I would of said 5, but Boston has home court advantage!

#15     Jun 2, 2008
  6. Bye bye Flip Saunders. Michael Curry now the coach in Detroit.

#16     Jun 3, 2008
  7. timcar

timcar

If you look at B. Celtics front line (Pierce, Garnett, Perkins) they are as good as any in the NBA. If Perkins can rebound and score some cheap baskets that will certainly help the Celtics in winning this series.

The Lakers bench is sooooo much better than Celtics this will help at least hold a lead or cut into a Boston lead when two of the big three sit.

This series is going 6 or 7 games with the Lakers needing to win one of the last two games at the “GARDEN” to give KOBE his championship ring he promised the L.A. fans for so long.

The Lakers in 7.

#17     Jun 4, 2008
  8. CELTICS, baby!!

Damn, they made Kobe look mortal. Even when KG was going 0 for 9 down the stretch, their D still saved them.

And WTF w/Paul Pierce?!? Steps back on the court hobbling, then promptly nails two 3-pointers back to back within 22 seconds!!!!!

Then Jesus Shuttlesworth makes a rare appearance and plays damn good D on the Kobester.

Kobe better do his Superman thing ASAP if the Lakers are going to live up to the hype, win the championship, and bring some credibility to the Kobe is Michael argument (although I'll never consider Kobe to be MJ's equal, damn what the "experts" say).

#18     Jun 6, 2008
  9. I'd rather see the Celtics win, but I had the feeling all during the game that the Celtics were lucky to stay ahead, and if it wasn't for home court advantage, they wouldn't stand a chance.

Kobe was forcing all over the place, but the difference is, at staples, those shots drop. I didn't feel defense had that much to do with his shooting woes. He just had a bad night.

#19     Jun 6, 2008
  10. Yea, Kobe had a bad night...

Celtics just played really well. I don't think they can do this consistently.

Lakers in 6!

#20     Jun 6, 2008