Nba Playoff Time

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ElCubano, Apr 20, 2007.

1. Kobe would go to where:

1. He could get the most love.
    2. Where he could jack it up at will (They let Gordon that).
    3. Where he had the best chance at winning and getting to the finals.

The Eastern Conference, being as soft as it is, has the best chance for Kobe if he is on a decent team.

I also doubt Jerry Buss would trade Kobe to a Western Conference team...

#211     Jun 18, 2007
  2. fhl

fhl

Agree, but for different reasons. I couldn't in any way shape or form see Skiles and Paxson going for Kobe. It would be such a massive clash of personalities that it is beyond comprehension. You may remember Skiles and Kidd in Phoenix. Skiles and Kobe would be the same dynamic times ten.

#212     Jun 18, 2007
  3. Skiles is expendable.

Bring back Phil and Kobe. Kobe has a window of about 3 to 4 years, and Reisndorf would make a mint by getting both Phil and Kobe.

The east is a weak division, and Kobe with some of the good role players instantly make the Bulls very competitive, and exciting.

You don't think Kobe would like to break some of Jordan's scoring records in Chicago?

LOL!

Look, I think Kobe is a bad seed, but if motivated with a thought he can go back to the finals, his desire to win is the real deal.

The Lakers stand no chance of going to the finals in the Western Conference, and Kobe knows it...

The Lakers have to bite the bullet and take the loss, Kobe is gone in 2 years as a free agent, and a pissed off sulking Kobe will be like AI was in Philly...

#213     Jun 18, 2007
  4. I think Kobe and Phil would be fine in Chicago. Don't know how well the fans will take to them though..

#214     Jun 19, 2007
  5. Who could the Bulls possibly package to get Kobe? Deng and Gordon? I don't think that works cap wise. Lakers will only let him go for an established superstar. Their fans will demand it.

Possible moves. To Rockets for T-Mac. Why bother? To Mav's for Nowitzki? Personally, I would do that deal if I was running the Lakers, but would Mark Cuban? Maybe. To Nets for Vince Carter? Can't see Lakers getting close to fair value from Nets.

My dark horse possibility? To Wizards for Gilbert Arenas. Agent Zero has the star power that the Lakers must have, plus he is from LA and has announced he's opting out of his contract next year. Wizards love him but will not get any better with his lack of defense and lack of feel for running the team. At 25 he gets the Lakers younger, is nearly as good a scorer as Kobe and not nearly as high maintenance. Kobe would fit right in to the Wizards' jack it up offense, plus he is a better all around player than Arenas. Wiz were in first place in the East last year when Arenas and rising star Caron Butler both went down with season-ending injuries. Kobe could put them over the hump and in the NBA Finals.

#215     Jun 19, 2007
  6. KOBE TO SPURS!!

#216     Jun 19, 2007
  7. Another Wizards dreamer...

Kobe would destroy that franchise...

Chicago has draft picks to bundle.

#217     Jun 19, 2007
  8. fhl

fhl

Yeah, heck of a move. Kobe for future draft picks. I suppose Chi would take that.

#218     Jun 19, 2007
  9. Chicago is pretty close. Kobe might put them over the top.

Winning now is generally the best way to go, as you never know what the future is.

Kobe is a killer scorer (and I say that as one who detests his selfish play and lack of real leadership skills) but in the Eastern Conference, which is so terribly weak, Kobe could easily average close to 40 points and quickly challenge for an Eastern Conference finals. He is a huge draw.

If I were Reinsdorf, I would do it in a heartbeat...

Think of the regular season matches that would happen more frequently than just twice a year playing out of Conference:

Kobe vs. Wade, Kobe vs. Shaq, Kobe vs. LeBron, Kobe vs. Arenas...

It has to happen for the good of the league actually, the league needs an injection of something different, and Kobe in the East would be a difference maker. The league needs to be re-energized, and Kobe, because he is so polarizing, could do it.

I think you are scared shitless of such a trade...you are a Cav's fan, right?

LMAO...

You know with Kobe in Chicago, they improve dramatically, and your team is back the mediocrity they deserve.

Kobe in Chicago would be highly motivated, and that is good for the league.

#219     Jun 19, 2007