Navy Stages Show of Force Off Iran Coast

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by AMW, May 23, 2007.

1. "The whole premise of the Bush Administration has concentrated on trying to maneuver to get some form of control of the oil market,,,,,

And no this is not conspiracy...it is the straightforward use of what tools are available to accomplish some form of control...
    It is business...It is the energy business...It is the the securitization of US based capitalism....."

I agree 100%. Iraq is an excellent staging are for us to accomplish this. Doesn't matter if we are pumping Iraq's oil or not, we still control it. It is our hedge against the needs of China, who will at some time in the future outbid us for oil. China needs the oil for manufacturing, US needs the oil so we can drive to the mall.

#31     May 24, 2007
  2. In other words you think it is perfectly OK to steal other nations natural resources.

#32     May 24, 2007
  3. My point was that superior technology is just that. Superior. It doesn't matter what our capability is. If you are the president of a foreign nation and someone parks a couple of Aegis destroyers and a carrier or two off your coast, you get a little nervous.

#33     May 24, 2007
  4. Bullet

Bullet

Probably the most accurate statement ever made on these or any cyber space pages!! I agree 100%

The only way to shut Liberals (and Europeans) up is to illustrate with crayons and small words the difference between Reactionary and Preemptive. I for one vote to let the world have its cake and stick with Reactionary for a while......though that acid rain in Europe will severely disrupt the flow of good Bordeaux

#34     May 24, 2007
  5. DCraig wrote...

In other words you think it is perfectly OK to steal other nations natural resources

...............................................................................................

Excellent Commentary....

It is not what I believe at all...I 100% support the enterprise solution...and I 100& disagree with the Bush Administration..

I am just telling it the way it is............

I do not believe in the military solution...and quite frankly agree that stupidity is prevalent in the Bush Administration....

This is not how the US or any other country moves forward ....
    ...................................................................................................

This is the the reason that I stated YOU DECIDE....

The Bush Demolition team has devastated the respect for the US because of the fact that the military solution has been employed...and not the enterprise solution...

This is not an opinion...these are just the facts....
    .................................................................................................

The US can do a lot better...and will when this administration is removed...

Maybe...

Better luck next time !!!!!!!

#35     May 24, 2007
  6. "In other words you think it is perfectly OK to steal other nations natural resources"

Valid question. Structure your question from a military, political, global, economic point of view. How can we make this work, with the benefit for the both of us? Of course there will be conflicting issues, such as yours, but the point is to go forward.

#36     May 24, 2007
  7. saw a report in the news paper that Iran is going to start rationing their oil in a few wks, either they are preparing if they are attacked or they really do need more sources of energy

#37     May 24, 2007
  8. Would sending Rosie O'Donnell to Tehran without any traditional coverings be considered an act of war?

Not sure but threatening to send here there would have more of an effect than parking some navy ships off the coast :D

#38     May 24, 2007