Navy Stages Show of Force Off Iran Coast

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by AMW, May 23, 2007.

1. Arnie

Arnie

I think it would be mistake, but IF we attack Iran, It won't be like Iraq. We'll just bomb the sh*t out their infastructure and go home.

#21     May 23, 2007
  2. Afghanistan v. Russia
    U.S./French v. Vietnam
    Colonials v. British

Superior firepower just means you go BOOM louder :D

#22     May 23, 2007
  3. Attacking Iran will create panic selling in world equity markets, the likes the world has not seen since 2000.

I think that's exactly what's going to happen, too. We're going to attack Iran.

#23     May 23, 2007
  4. Joab

Joab

Fine buy me .... I love volatility :D

#24     May 23, 2007
  5. Cesko

Cesko

Exactly,and even if mushroom cloud doesn't appear we still save bunch of money. How long do you think it would take to Europeans and Torontotrader2 to start bitching and whining about America's lack of interest in "world's peace"?? Let the UN work the world's security. (And see how "world community" likes it). Remember Balkans!!

#25     May 23, 2007
  6. If there was a god you would probably kiss his ass just for the taste of it.

#26     May 24, 2007
  7. Prove it or eat crap.

#27     May 24, 2007
  8. The Iranians are not defenceless like Iraq was they have a good level of air defence and the new russian anti ship missiles which if I was an American mariner be a bit concerned about

#28     May 24, 2007
  9. After the lies that were spun to justify the war of aggression against Iraq, I should think that any rational person would demand clear evidence of a "clear and present danger" before accepting any action, including covert action against Iran.

Just to be absolutely clear:

THERE IS NO EVIDENCE OF A NUCLEAR WEAPONS PROGRAM IN IRAN.

Again, any rational person would only accept IAEA evidence of such a program. After the cooked "intelligence" used to justify the Iraq war, clearly western intelligence agencies are not to be trusted.

Waving test tubes of salt around at the United Nations won't cut it this time.

#29     May 24, 2007
  10. Excellent Commentary All.............

Sometimes one needs to look at the core basics to discover the truth...

The truth is that Iraq...Iran...Kuwait...Qatar...Saudi Arabia...
    have a substantial portion of the worlds oil reserves that are recoverable at 80 cents to $1.50 per barrel....

No where else in the world is this possible...
    .................................................................................................

Whoever holds this natural advantage...in effect does actually control the current ability to produce efficiently....

Capitalism rightfully strives towards efficiency...

.......................................................................................

And it does not matter about the politics...Bush...a non Bush....politics...non politics.....nothing is going to change this fact...

And who has control of these assets in whatever fashion...in effect has control of the worlds economy....

Somebody is going to control it....

This is exactly what is at stake....

And the US and all the other interested countries can try any type of talk or legal paper shuffling they want....but the most efficient oil is..where it is....

And without oil...these countries would be like other Haitis....because of who they actually are....

Nothing more....nothing less....
    ...........................................................................................

The whole premise of the Bush Administration has concentrated on trying to maneuver to get some form of control of the oil market,,,,,

And no this is not conspiracy...it is the straightforward use of what tools are available to accomplish some form of control...
    It is business...It is the energy business...It is the the securitization of US based capitalism.....

Wars...politics...laws...etc...are just tools that are used to get there....The US is using the military approach tool...rather than the enterprising tool.......

Is it right...Is it wrong ....you decide....

#30     May 24, 2007