Navillus Securities

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by blb078, Sep 5, 2003.

1. blb078

blb078

has anyone used them? i've on seen a couple post from a few months ago but no one has seemed to use them. does anyone know anything about this firm.
    thanks
    brian

2. gimp570

gimp570

I used to work for them. They seem to be getting away from Prop. trading and working more with hedge fund business. They only have offices in PA and in minn.

M

3. Gimp 570 Why did you leave?

I have communicated with their head of remote trading, via e-mail several times and they seem to be actively promoting a pretty good deal for those with limited funds to use as a capital deposit.

What was your overall impression of the firm?

4. gimp570

gimp570

I left for cheaper commissions...But I defiantly have a positive impression of the firm...I know the people over there and you can trust them

m

5. blb078

blb078

i've been speaking to one of their people via email also, they seem like a good firm, but i want to get some feedback if do decide to trade w/them.

6. sammybea

sammybea

traded w/ them for a short time.. also left for cheaper tickets. but def nice guys. wasn't there long enough to rate "honesty" though.

7. blb078

blb078

how were their commissions and pass thru fees? were they that bad? or did they have a lot of extra fees?

8. Gimp 570:

Did they have a lot of successful traders when you were there? Did their office traders tend to focus on trading specific markets such as NYSE or Nasdaq? Did the firm teach or promote any specific trading strategies? Have they always required only a $3000 capital deposit? You stated that they now focus more on providing trading services to entities such as hedge funds, vs working the prop angle...do you know why?

I plan on trading NYSE midcap stocks remotely, but I am curious as to the firms background and orientation.

Thank you.

9. gimp570

gimp570

Your best bet is to call them up and ask them these questions...It has been a while since I was there. good luck

m